Tuesday, May 25, 2004

life @ wales

Wales.. a place west of England... the place where the welsh hate the english rule. Initially I mistakenly think that I'm going to Swansea, the 2nd biggest city in Wales. Frankly, doing some research and I can't really find much happening things to do. So ask a london friend what does he knows about Swansea. His comments was that its a 'niao bu shen dan, gou bu la shi, wu gui bu shang an' place (literally it just means that birds dun lay their eggs here, dogs dun shit here, turtle dun come up the shore). I really dunno how to reacted to that. So start planning my trip and finding out ticket pricing to the super-duper ulu place. Even a colleague's husband's colleague gave the same comment. Well, nothing much more can I say about that. Later I found out its the wrong place! I'm suppose to go to Aberystwyth, and my londoner friend says...its even worse.....¬.¬"

After arriving here, it ain't that bad. Peaceful and small town. Most people are friendly here, except the actual UK people who come here to study. In fact there is a lot of international students near the hostel i'm staying and most of them are very friendly.

Over in London, u see people going to the park to do 'beach' activities like sunbathing, frisbee-ing, volleyball etc. Over here, they did the same thing in the backyard of the hostel. WOW. And best of all, the beach is just at the base of the mountain. What can I say. Probably people are kinda lazy to go down there. So they just down their clothes, get into their bikini wear and having their sunbathing right just behind their room, in the backyard. Exciting. Fun. Eye-candy but hey, WHERE ARE THE HOT BABES??? Rumours had it that one block has lotsa such activities. I'm still searching.

Its just a fun thing. We dun get to use the term 'xia shan' (going down to the mountain) in Singapore. Over here, when we say 'xia shan', its really IS 'xia shan'. The most sian mountain I ever climb while doing my national service also cannot compare to the slope i gotta climb IF i'm walking back from the main campus to my hostel campus. At 25% incline, its no joke. Tried jogging one day here and give up cause the cold air is killing me, and the damn slope.

Recalling one conversation with some classmates, D cup and above are such rarity in singapore. Over here, I think the B cup and below might have to pay exhorbitant prices for their bra. What a reverse culture. There's more on 'reverse culture'. When we are in sg, everyone wanna stay in the building coz its much more cooler than the temperature outside. Over here, everyone wanna get out, at least for me! Its warm in the building. Its much much cooler outside. U get server room condition under the sun. You get almost freezer condition when it gets too cloud. HOW I HATE THE CLOUD HERE! Because its so cooling, u can overtan and sunburn yourself without realising it. Its just too cooling.

Ok, I believe no one is interesting in know what i'm studying here and I believe I dowan to talk abt it since I fall asleep while typing. As I mention earlier, this is small town. Very peaceful and quiet. I have yet to see their nightlife (main reason been dowan to take a bus to town and then cannot find the way up the mountain again). They have 2 beaches here, namely the North Beach and South Beach. And they are just next to each other. How nice. One small little mountain to conquer on one of the beaches and a fallen castle.

The fallen castle is an art. What is left on behind are just the walls, and its not even complete walls, but still, wat is left behind is still beautiful. The mountain that we tried to conquer isn't as bad as we thought. Its not the tiredness of the leg that is killing, its the strong wind that is blowing. 3/4 of the time, we dun have much feeling in our hands. They are almost numb, and frozen. But at which level of the mountain, u get a even better scenic view of the town and its surrounding. Well, we thought we will find nothing much at the top. We are wrong. There's a gift shop at the mountain top, but its closed. There's even some benches been set there for visitors to sit. As we explore more, we came to a sheep farm. kooooooool. Lotsa sheep....and shit.

Looking across the grass patch, into the far end, u see nice greeny fields. Among them you see spots of black dots in fields, and guess wat.. its SHIT! The lamb are eating most of the time I saw them. Good life. Nothing to do. Wake up, eat-shit, sleep. Iterate process again. Maybe I should be a sheep in my next life. Bbbeeeehhhhhh will not lure the sheep to you. I tried... very hard. Only manage to get them attention. Some look up from their meal, then walk away.... there goes my kerbah...$%^%&%£$# Hey, those little lamb are very cute... very... wish I got take one home... fresh kerbah every day :-) While eating dinner one day, we are arguing abt the different between mutton and lamb. Ram as brought into the conversation. So a china-girl said that ram is 'hei yang' (black goat) but I say its wrong. 'hei yang' is black sheep! Hey, what do i know? I dun stay in a place where there's a likelihood of more sheep and human beings.

The other thing that I enjoy doing is to eat ice-cream in cold weather condition. Very shiok. As the saying goes 'cold on the outside, cold on the inside'.... very very nice. Till my next update on my visit to the Corris railway and Harlech Castle in Snowdonia........Stay cool (hot in sg).... bbbeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BAaAaaAaaaaAa

25/5/04 22:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home