Monday, October 16, 2006

Salsa rueda salsa

Its a long and exhausting weekend. Very. And of course, its finally over. So now its back to the office monday bluez. The event is our very own very first salsa festival in Sillypore. And that meant that one of my nitemare was over as well. Oh did I not mention that I'm performing during the fest? The month long practice is taking it toll on me. I'm glad its over now. I can now shift my mind to something else.

I'm still glad I did the performance. Its my virgin performance leh. So where got no screw up? But still, overall, I had done it, in a creative way (according to someone's word). This is my first time and it might also be my last time. The stress and tension building up was no joke, especially so when there were conflicting ideas in the team. I had my fun and joy, I have my regrets as well. But to sum it up, its still an experiences. And so I can at least now said that as been there done that.

During the fest, Sillypore is attemping to break the Guinness Book of Records for the biggest rueda circle. And yeah, we did it!!!!! Edie the Salsa Freak commented that the records was first set in 2001, with 173 couples, and for 5 years, they were trying to break it without success. And Sillypore tried and done it in one time!!! Congratulation Sillypore salsa community. And, yeah, I am one of the 176! In the article, that guy with the cap, he's french. How I know? Bump into him after the attempt at the Kopitiam buying dinner. Same store :-P And he said its a very interesting thing and he's from France. But of course, its not all make up of Sillyporeans. We have people from Ireland, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, France, US and I-dunno-where-else.

Everyone was waiting for it to happened. By the 146th couples, the inflow had slowed to a crawl. Everyone looked to hope to put it off and to help putting Singapore on the map again. You could see people started pulling out their mobile phones to activate their friends. By the time the 174th couple walked in, everyone was like high on drugs. Now only we broke the record, and we set a new record with 10 calls. The previous set it with 5 calls. This was probably the slowest moving rueda I ever done since my 1st rueda class eons ago. By the end of the song, I believed I had not even move 30% of the circumference of the oddest shaped rueda circle I had seen in my rueda lifespan.

3 continuous nights of party was taking it tolls on my feets, not to mention 2 full days of workshops. Its a killer. And this is not even the most happening festival I had attended. Ok, I only did 2, one here and one in our neighbouring country. Wait till I check out Japan and Korea congress, think my feet might just detact itself.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home