Tuesday, May 25, 2004

life @ wales part 2

Back from lecture. How nice, you guys must be thinking.. " wah soooo good life ah! Can go surf net and blog in the afternoon...". Well, got an assignment due tomorrow, and becoz i very the hardworking.... finish most of the questions already. Now just wait for the gathering of everyone to do a final compilation of the top best answer :-) And becoz I MISSSSSS u guys back in sg as well...errr. I tink so... I think again.. hmm.. nevermind, not important...

We tried hogging the lecturer for more tips on the assignment. You can say we are partially successful. She did give abit of the tip of the head of the answer and let you go wonder what the hell is the tail. How nice of her. Of coz, the best reply is that "I can't have too many of you scoring As..so its ok if you guys can't do it"..... Wow, that solves all mysteries...X file case closed. *chopped-sealed-signed*

I did say I wanna talk abt other castle trip and the Corris Railway. Well, Corris Railway is nothing much. Just some old rail system that existed longer than me and my father and my grandfather added together. In the past, Wales several rail lines to help them with their transportation of timbers and watever (I got lost in my own thoughts when someone is talking about the history of the whole thing) down the mountain. Now only this one is left for tourist purposes, this one does not include those rail that we took to Devil's Bridge and other tourist spots, built to carry human.. i believe... not sheep. Its exciting hor.. hearing the choo-choo...choo-choo....But I tell you lor, healthy males NSmen who still go back for reservist and still take IPPT, think they can run faster than the rail!

We all first thought that we need to take a rail to the castle. We are wrong. The coach bring us to the rail station, which is also the rail museum. Then took a rail into the woods and then stop there and listen to some nice welsh man giving us a speech on the history. Then took the rail back again and look into the museum for a 2nd speech. Dun ask me what are the speech all about. I forgotten 99%...the remaining 1% is about....errr. hmm.. think I forgotten them as well.....

So finally the coach is going to bring us to the Harlech Castle. Its a long-and-not-so-smooth ride. First it drives through the town, through the mountainous area. Wow, i tell you, its SHEEP again. BBbbbbeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh... Again, I can only see my kerbah from far! sighz. Nevermind, carry on. But its really very scenic, something that probably is hard to find in asia, most part of asia, I think. I might be wrong. Afterall, I haven't done much travelling myself. Been the ulu singaporean I am, I know nuts. Still I love the scene, as long as you don't tell me to climb the mountain on foot.

You see small cottages that keeps domestic sheep and some of them even own horses. Sound like some dreamland for some fellas I know of. In the mist of enjoying all these scenes, we are also busy with playing daidi (Big2 or to those who still dunno what it is or never went to poly or been through army, its a card game. fullstop). Think we are seen as the daidi quad. Anywhere we travel, we are playing daidi. What to do? Typical chinese lor. Nothing to do, play card lor. Well, first 5 mins, you see the scenic mountain, u go wowwwww... 10 mins later.. okkkkk.. 20 mins later.... errr.. are we getting out of it yet???? So one important note to you guys going travelling, bring your poker card with you. You never know if you can find daidi kakis.

Next came the coast. Its also very beautiful. Once you are out of mountain range, you get into the ocean road, curving round the mountain. It aint smooth ride. While 3 players sitting down playing daidi, i gotta do it standing. Imaging balancing myself on a rough ride, holding my cards, enjoying the sceneries, and work out a strategy to win them all. Well, no one likes to shuffle. So since we ain't playing money, my objective in the game is not to win, its not to lose. Its take even more balancing power to distribute the cards.

When we hit the coast, many ppl on the coach start to wake up and u start to hear lotsa digital camera go click click click... Impressive, everyone is on the digital. 2 guys brought video cam. Only see a handful that uses film, like me. The setback of that is that I can't really ask someone else to take a picture. Its normally the holding, or the focusing or the framing. And best, someone alwayz like to go..."wait hor wait hor, dun move, I take one more just in case...." wah lau! I told her..."expensive hor.. cannot cannot..u dun do that when ya on film, unless ya in a wedding".

Finally we reach the castle. we are the FOOT of the castle. Gotta walk our way up the steep slope! I wonder who the hell design and built the road on 25% incline slope?? First time seeing a FULL castle, I'm impressive. Getting to the top of the castle gives you a birdeye view of the surrounding. Well, it just cost £9500 to build Harlech Castle. Anyone interested??? Actually its the equivalence of £9.5 mil in today's currency. Now, that is not cheap. It took 7 years to complete. Built in the 13th century, it has it grand days in Wales.

After that we had hi-tea at another location. A bar by a HUGE lake. Wow, where to find in Singapore? Lim kopi, outside in the open with air-con temperature, facing the lake and surrounded by teh mountain. I tell you, its almost heaven.. almost, except the fact that my kerbah is some distance away from me up on the mountain and that I don't have the habit of drinking liqour so early in the day.

The other day, we went to the Devil's Bridge. Took a rail ride through the woods and mountain to reach the place. About an hour ride there. I dun have to describe to you guys. Same usual descriptive noun. So I save my fingers some typing. Going there is to see some waterfall, WORLD-RENOWED waterfall. Kay, I got there, I walk the trail, hike my way there and wat do I see.. a waterfall... a SMALL waterfall. I'm not impressed with the waterfall though the walk through up and down is interesting.. and breathtaking.. *breathe very very hard* Along the track, its written on the brochure that you can encounter the Robbers' Cave. Sound really cool. When we got there, its a cave... Cave my arse. I think my mother's HDB flat's storeroom got more depth than the cave! &*()^&$%#^£%

The train ride back is exciting. Exciting because we took a private chartered train back. We missed the 12.30pm train, and the next one and the last one is the 4pm. At 2.15pm, there's this private going back. Initially the rail guy says its private and chartered, so we can board it. But I guess we put up a poor and miserable face, and seeing us to pathetic and I guess he don't want us to stay at the place for nearly 2 hours just to wait for the next train, he walked back to us and let us board the train. WOW! SOOOOOooo nice and save us from wasting 2 hours looking for spiders at Devil's Bridge.

Well, when we go there, we are sitting inside an enclosed carriage, and on the way back, its an open carriage. Its FREEZING man. And challenged to take the ride back all the way without putting on my sweater, its a mistake but definitely an experience worth going through. Imagine your flesh loses all feelings, cold winding washing your face and having to hold an almost ice-cold camera to take the scenic view. On the bright side(yeah.. its bright..with lotsa clouds... I hate the damn cloud, they always go missing when you need them) I can take picture, better view comapred to inside the carriage.

Ok, enough juice pump out of my brain. Time to get back to assignment. Till then... I wonder what can I update you on next in wales... probably... bishamon and his finally-caught-fresh-kerbah..... bbbbbeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home