Saturday, February 04, 2006

Happy birthday everyone

Its the 人日, the 7th day of the Lunar New Year. So its everyone's birthday. Happy birthday to all. And of course happy lo hei to all as well. The time to eat and eat and eat is here again.

Guess I haven't been writing good thoughts in my blog for a while. Lazy is a good excuse reason. And of course games like this is taking up a lot of time as well. But that I run out of thoughts but I still have a lot of them coming in, but simply plain to lazy and tired to type them out. Maybe its about time I will do it, slowly bit by bit, putting down in print again.

This is the family visiting season. Everyone goes around visiting everyone else, bring with them well wishes and mandarin oranges and of course the most important item, the angpow and along with it comes the unwanted pressure for a cerain group of people fulfilling certain criterias. A friend asked me how is my angpow collection as well as the pressure. Since this year I missed seeing some relatives, so its fewer naturally. So now its fewer than the few ones that I gathered during such season. Then he told me about his theory, that is the amount of angpow is directly correlated to velocity of pressure. Does it works? Well, it seems to work on him, and me. So you tell me.

What sort of pressure, you might ask. What else but the pressure of when getting married and starting a family. Isn't that an ancient question? How many times I have been asked, and how many times I will try to give a excuse reason on why not. No moolah is a excuse reason, imho. The truth is that its does need moolah, but the amount is all depending on individual on how you want to do it. Nay, ain't going to go into that today. Talk about it enough in my humble space here, no point tracing back my old posts.

Afterall, my family is not entirely one of those conservative model, so I do get away with the pressure. If it is, based on my status in the family tree my pressure might get enormous. Especially so if my grandmother is still alive. Being the eldest inner grandson, or the first male that carry the family surname, I would probably be expected to carry on the family tree. My next cousin is 4 years behind me and still schooling, and the 3rd one onwards are still not even man. You them NS Boys for a good reason, dun you? They are not even pass that stage yet. You dun expect them to let it die with me, do you? So you say, pressure big anot? Somehow I think at my generation, we seems to be overwhelm with quite a fair bit of female cousins, and with the government now considered successful but wrong move controlled policy of that era to have just 2 children per family, I dun really have a very extensive line of cousins to help me distribute the pressure. But nevermind that, my best and last strategy is the disappering act. I done it, I can do it again ^^\/

And speaking of that, I got a message from another friend, asking me to accompany her to go see this supposingly to be very accurate marriage fortune teller. Kauz. There are many first time in one's life but this is seriously something that I wasn't expecting. She got depressed when she got asked those usual questions during the festive and then she got a call from her granny who inform her about this. She seems desperate enough to do that when I talk to her about it. I just tell her 欲速则不达 and then ignore her ^^\/ I guess its still best to 一切随隋缘吧.

Of course your Lunar New Year is not complete without mahjong. What is Lunar New Year without gambling. I'm not talking about those betting your lifestake and house and wife and kids. I'm talking about the joy and fun, the ups and downs, the increase in heartbeat and brain usage for the game of winning and losing moolah. I finally get to play my first round of mahjong for this Lunar New Year last night this morning. Lost many many plates of wanton mee though. Sighz. Nevermind, its still the Lunar New Year mood. Must go round up more mahjong sessions. Anyone??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home