Friday, May 25, 2007

At World's End

Going to the end of the world? Seems like its a very common place in many fantasy genre stories. And they always appear to be reachable by the sea only, and till the end of the world, where it will be goddamn cold. Well, I ain't the one saying that. The books say it. The movies say it.



Caught the finale to the sea bandit Pirates trilogy last night. I believe its going to be making tons of moolah again. You can catch the 1st one without the other 2. You can catch the 2nd one without the 1st. You cannot catch the 3rd without the 2nd. Went with a group of colleagues. 1 only caught the 2nd without the 1st. 1 only vaguely remembered the 1st without much remembrance to the 2nd. 1 watched both. Me? Definitely both.



What to do? Thought I got a good deal with the NTUC U Movies, having a discounted rate to catch the movie opening, but ended up with not very good seats. Just 3 rows from the scene! So up close! Damn, I haven't catch movies in such upclose and personal in a long time! As if watching pirated version, ie watching it from steep angle. Damn. Some more the guy next to me kept dozing off (hey, its not that boring, and there's Keira knightley!) and sounded like some old petrol powered generator. Double Damn.



Amazing action scene in the end, but sort of started out quite.. messy, I think. Its like the story is jumping through the story pretty fast in the first third of the movie, then it slowed down in the second third and breathtaking action in the final third. The humor were still there. Still pretty much laughable. Captain Jack Sparrow was still your love-to-hate and hate-to-love guy, though he's turning schizophrenic (ops, did I gave something away?).



Keira Knightley
still looked amazingly good and hot and babelicious and definitely yummy! No naked Elizabeth Swann. Damn. No sexy kissing scene. Double Damn. No bed scene. Triple Damn. No hot steamy scene. Damn Wait, there was at the start (ops, another give away?).



On the side note, does flies (hor sin) hump each other? I was eating my lunch when something bumped into my arm, and then landed on the table where I'm eating my food. Then a second later, one flew off from the top of the other one. Or do you think they were fighting? 1st time in my life seeing something like this. I almost never had flies bumping into me. Flying around me? Plenty. Bumping into me? Never This one time and not just one!



Oh, just heard that one of my all time favourite childhood till now game franchise is going to have remake on my last year christmas pressie! I'm so going to be waiting for it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home