Monday, October 15, 2007

Sichuan - Part 2

Finally, its the eighteenth and the last day. We were going to make it an easy and relax day. No more rushing from one sight to the other. No time searching for transportation and bargaining for better prices. No more cheap hotel searching. We woke up late and had our breakfast. How could fans of the Romance of Three Kingdoms (三国志) novel or games or franchises not come to Chengdu (成都) and give the Wuhou Temple (武侯词) a miss? After our simple meal, I sent my buddy on his way to the Wuhou Temple (武侯词). Having been to it on my previous trip to Chengdu (成都), I had decided to give it miss. Afterall, entrance fees had gone up yet again. Damn capitalism. I headed for the Orchard Road of Chengdu (成都), Chunxi Road (春熙路). Not that I wanted to shop but was looking for some gifts for my family members, upon confirming their request.

In fact, I had a hard time searching for them. I actually walked for 6 hours, including all the way back to the hotel! Half way through, my buddy finished his tour of the Wuhou Temple (武侯词), took a cab to Chunxi Road (春熙路) to join me. Those damn mascots. Not all major departmental stores were selling them. After the 4th one and could not find what I wanted, headed back to where we had bought some of our gifts at the previous departmental store. We had to figure out our way back to the same departmental store. Once again, relying on our instincts and almost negative sense of direction, we just bashed ahead and bingo, we did managed to find it back. My buddy ended up buying more gifts for more people!

I wondered how much distances I had walked over the 6 hours. And with that, we had finally came to the end of our trip. Made our way back to the hotel, tried the local bread for the last time, then had a quick bite before collecting our luggages from the hotel. Hopped onto the cab and made our way to the Airport. Nothing big hooha over there except that someone seemed to run into some problem. She had apparently lost her passport and boarding pass after checking in and when got stuck at the x-ray scanning section. Well, curious as we might be, we did not stayed on to find out the end result. Good luck to her, if she's flying on the same flight as us.

Oh, the interesting food for last night was rabbit waist (兔腰子).Tasted a little like liver but the taste were much lighter. Hopefully the next time round, I would get to eat the fragrance meat, not that I were dying for it but I just wanted to bring exotic stuffs.

Bye bye China, but believe me, I would be back.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home