Friday, August 05, 2005

Roof of the world Part VI

Sees like our bodies have adopt to the altitude. Everyone seems to have a good rest even though we are staying at around 4200m above sea level. Most of us still not feeling too well and have taken medicine before going to bed. I must be doing well, without the need for any medication.

Everyone seems to love the cup noodles, and can go to bed after their filling meal. I am damn full after my cup noodle. How to sleep with a full stomach? This I have to surrender. Some more go to bed so early, its a rarity to me. Early means before midnight.

Somehow, one way or another, there must be something in my room that will not function too well. Leaking basin. Not enough wind blowing into the room caused by too many trees in front of the window. Toilet ventilation system not working. Toilet door unclosable. And best of all, toilet bowl doesn't seems to flush very well.

We head for the Na Mu Cuo Lake, situated at 4700m above sea level, making it the highest salt water lake in the world. We were supposed to go yesterday for the sunset shoot but... sigh. When we got there, its raining lightly. Everyone starts putting on raincoat or windbreaker. I have to quickly take off my clothes to put on a 3rd layer of clothing underneath my sweater.

Everyone brave the rain and strong wind to go out. Then when we get off the vehicle, the tibetan locals start hogging us to buy stuffs or ride their horses. Everyone take pictures as fast as we can, then rush up the vehicle. Damn. Going to see droplets of water on my photo. And fugly sky color. %^%^$#%^#$&

Heard that a group left very early in teh morning to go there to catch sunrise. Sunrise my arse. Think the disappointment one will get to go up to find it raining. Snow kilan. Who the hell told me got snow? The driver tells me that you will need for it to rain continously for 3 days before it will snow. I suaku can anot?

On the way down the mountain, we stop by one of the tibetan family to take photo. I tell you, those kids rush onto you asking for food or moolah. Some even ask for the photos to be mailed to them. Walking along the grass gotta be careful. Lotsa landmines on the ground.

We head back to Dang Xiong for lunch before embarking on our main destination, Lhasa. We stop over at this hotspring at Yang Ba Zhi. The guide is surprised to see the place developed till there are lodging and restaurant available.

The cheapest entrance fees is to the swimming pool outisde. Outside where visitors can see you in bikini and take photos. And also where the cold wind can blow at you. But I think its still quite an enjoyment to soak in teh hotspring swimming pool, enjoy the mountainous view where snow mountains are in sight, and nice cold wind blowing at you.

Somehow I think my balls will shrink when I get out of the pool. The guide gives us 30 minutes to soak but no one all ladies except for one prepares bikini. They will not mind buying the tibetan styles bikini but I heard there is only han styles and tis fugly.

It seems that we managed to reach Lhasa eralier than expected. We got to this hotel with really strong local flavor, owned by dunno which living buddha's daughter. They say the daughter is very pretty but I din get to see her. Its not the best hotel in town but service is really good. One of the staffs is nanny to the dunno which living buddha. So things are cheap and service charge free. Half the place is owned by the lamas.

Today is our last day with our current guide. We will be switching to another guide in Lhasa and the rest of the tibet trip. Our current guide is a good and experienced guide. He has been taking good care of us. We have gotten his contact,sonext time can go straight to him and skip those damn commission. The new guide is not able to meet us, so another representive come to pick us up.

Our current guide tell us that this representative is good at deciphering handwriting. So all of us have a go and its really accuate. Look like I gotta look at my life again.

Finally tried some true blue tibetan food during dinner. Most of us like it, so thinking if we can buy backl to Sillypore. After dinner, the representative bring us to this local pub owned by this local who is very popular in his own rights and sings very nice tibetan song. The place is always packed, all lure there by the famous owner-cum-singer. Heard he finally release his Cd. Hopefully I can lay my hands on it. Very niceeeeee.

Try the local beer, Lhasa beer and Lhasa ice beer. The taste is lighter than our local beer back in Sillypore. The ice beer is quite interesting, having a piece of ice floating inside the bottle. Look like I have a little too much beer. My heart is pumping too fast. Damn.

Time for bed.... after the show Swordman II

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home