Sunday, July 31, 2005

Roof of the world Part I

Ku-ku-ku... wake up lor... ku-ku-ku... wake up lor... oh yeah, that is my alarm clock. You must be thinking its so cheena but I just recycle whatever things I can find in my place. Must save moolah leh, time is bad you know. Oh, did I mention that my alarm is in mandarin.

I tried. I wanted to. I kept telling myself. I kept looking at the clock. In the end, I still go to bed after the PM become AM. I even turn down all invitations to go out but still... sigh.

The trip does not seems to start on the good side. Thinking that I may be able to grab some quick nap while on the plane. In the end, the brat child behind me keep making a din and kicking into my seat. The parents seem to be unable to calm down the adolescent, instead trigger the older brother into a crying spree.

Chengdu, the misty city it is. It look so misty that it almost look like an extreme case of bad hazy PSI of like 200 at least. And the brownish tint to it does not seems to make it look healthier. They seems have stores of unusual stuffs at the airport. In fact it almost look like a wet market to me, except the floor is dry. Their fruits look big and fresh, so got ourselves some crunchy peaches. Yeah, its crunchy, like rockmelon. Kool!

Quarrel seems like one of chengdu's citizens past time. Every now and then you can see them launching into it, irregardless who is involved. Queuing seems like a remote idea to them. They will just choose where they want to stand. Even at the custom, they can just be cutting you and walk through the checking point.

The flight from Chengdu to Xian is short and inside the plane seriously sound like a wet market, that is noisy. Its like everyone trying to outdo each other in volume. Smoking inside Chengdu airport seems acceptable and its goddamn warm. Xian airport has designated smoking room, machiam army style yellow box.

Xian holding area seems to be a general area for certain flights. You have to keep monitoring for you flight to see if they are asking you to board. That is also when I learn that there is flight to Jiuzhaigou. Maybe that will beat the idea of 8 hours bus journey up.

We got on a mini bus to send us to our plane for our transfer flight to Xining. All of us are taken aback. Its the smallest commercial plane I have taken! A plane for 32 passengers only! Wow. No wonder it cost 3 times the price of the flight from Chengdu to Xian.

When I got off the plane at Xining airport, I know I will like the temperature! Soooo cooling though some of the girls are already putting on their jacket. The area that we pass by in Xining seems like new development and most buildings take on reddish brown colour.

Dinner is quite good and seems like a treat from the guide, I think. At least we just leave after we are done eating. And the hotel is much better than expected. But I guess this is to exchange for no bathing condition for some days.

Its going to be another long day tomorrow. Make me wonder if holiday is suppose to be so tiring.......

3 Comments:

Blogger nonex said...

din noe u left already.. haha take care~ tok to u again when u r back..

31/7/05 16:37  
Blogger Little Chilli Padi said...

woOoo...it seems so fun...how i wish i can take a break too....

1/8/05 01:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chengdu ar? cool!! enjoy the SPICY food there! :D

2/8/05 21:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home