Monday, February 13, 2006

Attack of the foreign talent

First I thought its really amazing how someone would actually ask me to accompany her to go see some shrink fortune teller, or rather the chinese term would 神婆 (god grandmother literally). I was still laughing about it when suddenly the very same person ask for my chinese name. Damn. Something is not exactly right. The tiger warning sense in me was telling me to do divergence on the topic.

Crazy. Crazy. Crazy. And to think I haven't put in some decent post but this kind of shit. Oh well, still another excuse for another entry, rite?

Shit, does she has my blog? Shit. Nevermind, I'm not explicit, am I?

To think that just not too long ago, my mother's agenda had shifted after I told her about one of my uncles had finally decided to tie the knot. Well, that is my father's cousin, so they are of the same age range. And now, most of his cousin-sibings are becoming grandparents themselves, he finally want to tie the knot. Yeah, I'm happy for him. But to find out that he bringing in imported stuffs was marrying a foreigner ain't add on the suspenses, followed by its some 3rd world country. I tell you, I have no idea how to react, and worst, just over the weekend I was told the woman marrying my uncle is seriously younger than me. We are not even talking about 1 - 2 years. Technically, to put it crudely, he's old enough to be his 老爸.

Nevermind, I think most important is if she can take care of him and the family and that my uncle is happy. That is probably the most important thing. I guess I should just give my blessing. Ok, back to my mother's agenda. Just not too long over the last few dinner, she was gently reminding me how many of her friends are becoming grandparents. I tell you, its not one of the best topic around to have with your mother. Just like I was scolding my sister for asking me a lot of stupid questions and if she can stop it. And her reply was that it was not her who was asking but its mother. And she commented the asking will NEVER stop, just like mother's nagging. Oh yeah! She just score one on the scoreboard. Damn.

Wait, am I lost in my own thoughts again? Oh yeah, my mother's agenda. That is the grandmother part. Then after hearing about my uncle getting married, she was happy for a while till she heard who he is going to marry. Man, I tell you. Its a 180 degree turn. Suddenly she went about saying that she doesn't understand why sillyporean men dowan to marry sillyporean women and why sillyporean women doesn't want to marry sillyporean men. Then I told her that she just answered the very gist of the question. Since he and she dowan to marry each other, its only fair that they went looking for import/export goods foreign talent.

You see, my mother's nagging insights was that sillyporean men want to have kids yet dowan to look after them, throwing their kids at their mother. She had seen it happening so often that she was seriously nagging it into me. Yeah right, and to think I spite her saying that you want me to have kids, then who was going to look after. I tell you, she happily replied I will. And now this and very very motherly remind me that if no sillyporean woman to marry its ok, no children its ok. Never never ... never go get import/export goods marry those foreign woman, especially those from you-know-where. Now, I dowan to incite any racist/international flaming, do I?

I told her I won't go for those woman, I think. Well, you nevermind know. Never say never. Like an old wise man told me, love is like a butterfly, the more you try to catch it, the more it will siam you. And just when you sian half to sit down and rest, it will come and rest on you. So I will not say never but of course and unless its that someone, then its a totally different issue. Beside, I told my mother that I would prefer a spanish woman. No idea but I think they just look great, provided they dun go out of shape. And then, I would like my children to have blue eyes, which I think is just so nice. Green and grey are just as cool as well. And she was laughing her head off, telling me its no guarantee I will get those but my argument is, if one half is, you get a chance, else the chance of getting that is as good as having another party running Sillypore now. Hmm, blue/green/grey. Maybe I have to look at English instead of Spanish. Hmmm.... -deep thoughts-

So maybe on a slightly brighter note, I should be safe from those gentle reminders for a while. I hope I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home