Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Shall We Dance????

At this hour of bloggin', I wonder what is going on in my mind. DANCE.

Hey, I just finish watching it. Wow, its bores me to a certain extend, not because I don't like to dance nor I can't dance but on the contrary, I love to dance. I have always enjoy dancing, even just watching them. Errr maybe minus the ballet, I have yet to understand the story behind it, can only watch them for the moves.

I'm bored probbaly because I have afterall watched the original japanese version. I have a rough idea how this movie is going to proceed. Indeed, it did follow close, but not entirely. The humour added in it seems good and better but on the hold, the japanese version has a much more serious mood to it. But hey, dancing is FUN. Its just not serious and for old folks only. Look at salsa, the amount of attention been given to it nowadays. You can always ask kissorbite anytime. I'm sure she shares my sentiments.

Probably I have watch the original version long time, really long time ago when it first came to Singapore and I don't appreciate it as much then, its a different feel watching it now, but in the unoriginal american version. The dancing is great. I can feel the dance now, look more into it now. Interesting perspective. Just like how I used to hate war/combat movies until I went to army and then I think I start to understand them much much better. Dun say Re-Cey-Vis no good hor!

You can feel it, especially comes those dancing scene. And many a times, its really entertaining to watch 2-left-feet person learning new dance (now no flaming plsss, I aint not dance god, just providing self-entertainment when i'm bored at the club). Then it will get me thinking, am i like that in the past? How did I get past the beginners' stage?

Been salsa-ing for 2 years already. Maybe its the burnout, maybe its the non-breakthrough. The tiredness seems to have slip into me now. Its not that I don't enjoy dancing salsa not but I need a big big breakthorugh to re-ignite the passion to burn fiercely again. But after watching the movie, I think I can find my breakthrough somewhere again.

Probably its about time I should seriously start thinking about Latin and Ballroom dancing. Time wait for no man. 10 years ago, no money, 10 years later, still not money! But at least I can afford to pay for my classes now. But hey, dancing class are not cheap, especially the "least" common ones! And its not just the moolah, time is also a factor. As in the formula 1:5 "stated in the movie", I have agree with it. An hour of class follows by 5 hours of practice. GOOD practice, not the kind you sit down there and gorge hungrily at the sexy moves done by the *cough* sexy *cough* ladies. Time is money. Dance is one with a lot of investment. Unless you are the super-duper-chinese-martial-art-1-in-a-million-years dude that can master the moves in split seconds and done it better than your master, if not, work hard is the only advise any serious dancers can give you.

Just some spoilers, as those usual american movies, its always end with a happy ending, for all these light-hearted movies, just like Honey. All good things come to a good end. Hollywood for you. If you ask me, I would prefer the original anytime, though the original lack the humor as the hollywood version, or maybe its the bad sub.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home