Sunday, August 07, 2005

Roof of the world Part VIII

The massage must have done me a good deed. The moment I closed my eyes last night, I entered slumberland immediately. Guess the long walk must had tired me out too. The only time I'm sitting down is meal time.

Today we assemble early cause we have a long way to go to get to Nyingchi (Lin Zhi). Its an 8 hours journey according to the guide. Look like my arse is going to get really really sore.

We get to see one of the 3 big rivers in Tibet, Niyang River. The view is -yawn-. Its not that its not spectacular but I'm just so sleepy. I guess the little bit of sleep (less number of sleep hours compared to the rest of the traveling days) is biting me, causing me to prefer to nap during the journey. Trust me, after so many days of mountains and lakes and rivers and streams and misty mountains and snowy streams, all look almost the same except there is much more forest and vegetation along this route.

First stop is this big rock that actually fell off the mountain and slammed itself in the middle of hte river. Some kind of attraction man. Luckily dun need to pay, else...... else still gotta pay lor. Sighz. Tourist wahhh. Dun con you, con who??

Then we scale up Mount Minla entrance at more than 5000m alove sea level. I guess our experiences at Mount Tang Ku La have prepare us for this one. This time no one feels terrible or anything else except damn cold strong wind. AS with all mountain attractions, there will always be local people bugging you to buy their stuffs.

There is a lot of people at this point. Taking photos gotta be fast. Those people idiots will not give spaces to you. Even if you aim your camera there for quite a while, people idiots will still come into your viewfinder one after another and spoil the picture. Another golden rule is never give anything to beggers. However the ladies wanna give away the milk we bought in Xining. I tell you, those brats kids snatch very fast and then snatch among themselves. Her intention is to give a few packets, not the WHOLE bag. FARK! I have drink my milk yet! $*&%#&%^&*

We stop for lunch in a small town. While having lunch, got this vagabond style musician playing his guitar and singing at our table. We simply ignore the person and carry on eating. Then he keeps standing there asking for moolah. Its only a while later then the restaurant owner request the musician to come back later.

Then everyone is complaing that the current guide is not good enough, or rather pale in comparison. If its the previous guide he will stop all these soliciting for us. I guess we are too pampered by the previous guide. Always checking on us to ensure that everything is alright with us. And when that is happening, she is sitting down there eating lunch and watching TV!

Nothing much eventful till we reach Lamaling Temple. Its the temple for the founder of the Ningma Sect (Red Sect) built by his disciple. We are required to take off our shoes when entering. We are told that the living buddha for this sect is inheritance, which is to say, if the father is the living buddha, then the son can inherit as the living buddha.

The lamas of this sect are allow to marry. Someone ask what is there's twins. Even the lama on duty is laughing at the question. Just like the emperors and kings, only one can inherit the throne, so does this living buddha. Even woman can become living buddha. There is only 1 left now, as we are told. I wonder how it is like to marry a living buddha. Must be very stressful.

We head back to Nyingchi for dinner. We are brought to this rather posh looking place. You have to walk through a large hall of products which the sales persons will try their best to sell you. I think I should just be filial and buy the Tibetan Tricholoma Matsuke for my mom to cook for me to eat. Got a feeling that I kena chopped but at least I'm assured that its the real thing. Heard its expensive and hard to find. -shrug-

Night time, we just walk around their shopping area. What to do, got charbor in the group, shopping is always on their mind. Even found Baleno and Samuel and Kevin boutique here. Buy CD also must bargain and got this really happening tibetan album. I buy liao, of cause original lah... or say so the sales person.

We stop by for some beer and snacks in a cafe. Never realise got beer taste lighter than Archor. Tried their Blue Sword Beer and Snow Beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home