Monday, February 27, 2006

Ah phui

Had dinner with a few friends last night at this place famous for their fishhead steamboat (鱼头炉). Its almost 10 years since I last went there. Taken a while to figure out how to get to the place since its always someone driving there when I went so long ago. The food is still good but I can't say so for the service. Out of 5 dishes, 2 never arrived. However we still had a very full meal.

So we are chatting away, about local business scene and politics and almost anything under the sun. Then one of the friends mentioned that I used to be a idol of one of his friends. I was like ... wahhh me idol ... So I asked who was this friend. Do I know the person. What surprised me more was the fact that the friend was a lady who affectionately referred me as ah phui. Wah kauz! But its ok. My father also referred to as ah phui by his friends. So I guess I should be ah phui II.

So I tried to recalled if I ever notice any girl that looked at me affectionately. Ney, not such person came across my mind. So I made a casual remake that maybe she's not pretty enough, so I never notice her. Then that friend gave me that 吃不到葡萄说葡萄酸 (saying the grape is sour for not been able to taste the grape) and are you sure look. Then anothher friend asked if this friend was pretty and the friend gave that affirmative nod. DAMN. DAMN. DAMN. Another proven theory of how god simply dislike me. Sighz.

The next question would naturally be who was she. The friend gave me the look and said forget it, she no longer salsa and she was attached already. Anothe triple DAMN. Oh well, fated I guess. Fated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home