Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Congrats


Attended a salsa's friend's wedding last weekend. A real church wedding. I think this was my first time at a church wedding, organiser by the church-goers and singing (they, not me) the church songs inside a church. The one at chijmes was a wedding in a church.

Before the start of the wedding, a friend commented that the wife told him that church wedding was boring not as exciting as one would had as opposed to the one held in a ballroom.


Of course lah! No wine. No beer. No yum-sheng. No rowdy crowd. Of course not as exciting. But hey, its the couple's wish and I'm only a guest at the holy sacred (?) event. I'm not the lead, so who were I to complain?

But I must say, the Paster who delivered the speech before the solemnization was quite a funny fella, who also happened to be the groom's uncle. So one lesson learnt. Next time don't get people who knew your dark past, if you got any, to deliver any speech during your wedding unless you wanna cracked up the guest and exposed your dirty little secrets. Hmmm, I wonder if i should......

This is almost I think my first time eating seeing a REAL wedding cake getting sliced and cut and distributed. Well,



they still do the same ceremonial single slice on the cake, then you will see all the kakiah helping with cutting up the cakes. No, I did not try the cake. The cream surrounding it scares meeeee. Yeah lah, I'm dieting, can?!?!?!?

Ok, the cake was not of those multistories high rise cake. I can't imagine the kakiah having to cut that high rise cake and started to distributing them among the guest.

However, I'm just curious what were those little silvery pearly stuffs on the cake made of. Sugar with silver coloring?

During the speech, the paster commented that after the spark and dating was all gone, the true self was going to come out. It did. 2 hours later. The groom got hungry and tired that he went to dig in to the food while the bride still continued to look pretty and posed and smiled at cameras. Then the bride turned and complained to the Matron of Honor. The groom put down the plate of food and ran back to the newly-new wife. HAHA. That was fast :-P

My friend and I wanted to leave, and trying to say goodbye to the bride since we were friends' of the bride. But the bride was so busy, with everyone trying to get a piece of the action with the bride. My friend commented that why don't we say our goodbye to the groom, the MAN OF THE HOUSE. I commented that the MAN OF THE HOUSE just got scolded. MUWAHAHHAHA! -cough- My bad.

Anyway, congrats to you "muslim" Louisa and Jonathan. Enjoy your new life in Downunder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home