Friday, January 14, 2005

lang sway jhi jiao bih kway

Why the title, you might ask, or do u even understand it?

Its is hokkien, which literally translate as "man who is down on luck, even if he keeps a bird, it will turn into a chicken".

Yesh, I'm referring to myself. I still havent gotten over it, after a not-so-great night sleep. Went for some whiskey tasting last night at Velvet, then after that head down to my usual hunt at Union Square. As I tell my friend, I shall leave the place before 11.30, and he gives me the usual look saying "ARE YOU SURE?". I know, I always ended up staying till 1 but hey, I just wanna go home early, so I will leave early, unless a huge bunch of my regular kakis are there.

Ok, I did manage to leave early, but was kinda feeling tired, so decided to get a cab. As I tried to put on my seat belt, the cab driver told me, "no need lah, this hour won't teo liah one lah". Wah lau, I also think so but just in case lor!

Through the whole journey, they kept using big big local words like cb(1), knn(2), lj(3), commenting on the local traffic, the codes of driving, the transport minister and your world-class MP. Hey, here's a guy with great ideas and the government is not listening. Too bad for him, and me as well.

As I got off the cab, I realise my mobile had slipped out of the pocket! OH NO! I cannot accept that! I tried to run after the cab but the driver don't seems to notice me! So next month is to dash for the nearest public phone and suddenly, I think public phone is a rarity and all had gone into hiding! Must be goddamn murphy's law at work. So the next closest phone I can think of is my house. Ran back, kept calling on my mobile but there's no pick up. Sighz, deep down inside, I know its almost gone, almost.

So I call up the call center to try to report a lost, and best I EVEN CALL THE WRONG COMPANY! So gotta hang up fast and call up another right now. The blue color one! Anyway, I had almost given up already. How many people out there you know can recover their mobile after losing it on the cab? I know none. All materials were gone. Bitching materials for the Salsa competitions final. Yeah, its over for 2 weeks and I haven't even start bitching about it. Price of laziness.

Decided to go do some reading before heading to bed. Afterall, what is gone is gone. No point crying over spill milk. Just remember to wear condom, I mean be careful...

And now what, slept half way through, how come I kept hearing things on along the corridor, then the next thing I know, I woke up all WET! No shit! My fan decided that it doesn't want to work anymore and went into limbo! WHAT SHIT! Truly the murphy's law are working at optimal power, if it ain't then kill me rather.


What more shit can I think of now? And I thought I can get things done in a few days time, and I just remember about a rumoured mobilization this weekend. Sighz. That's it. I need to find that leaves now. That chee-na leaves that are rumoured to wash away your bad luck as u bathe with it. Would someone find for me, plssssss.

So for now, you wanna contact me, send me a pigeon. No guarantee I will return it with its meat intact.


DAMN.

-------
cb (chee bye) : a local term used to describe the very thing that gives birth to humanity.

knn (kan ni na/neh) : an almost provocative action done on the with lower/upper part of a female body, depending which part of the 3rd word is used

lj (lan jiao) : in a polite, we called it the blue bird. But with regards to local context, its the very wonderful male thing that produce the seed of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home