Monday, July 18, 2005

Desperate with a D

Housewives are ladies who got married, settled down, stay at home and be a sow have child(ren) and look after them. Then again, we do have our taitais (clever ladies who manage to snatch rich hubbies , highly likely from the diamond bachelor list, who will provide them with good credit card(s) that never seems to run out of credits). So why become desperate? If you choose to be a housewife, then you have no right to complain. If its the hubby that demand ask you to do it, then you have an option. Dun tell me no options. In rockson language, I called it the cb cheow (the female reproduction factory being itchy).

I know I am slow in catching up on some of the best drama around. Hey, you gotta forgive me on that. I have life outside of the box, be it my PC or my TV. Actually my TV is just a decoration in the living room. The number of times I actually turn it on in a year is easily countable on two one two one, let x be less than 10. Not to mention that I have not seen a single local production since Channel U was created, when it was still under then MediaWorks. And I have never look back since.

Finally decided not to go out on a friday night and stay at home to spend some time with those desperate housewives. One that has won 2 Golden Globe and 7 other awards, with 21 nominations. Afterall, they have been lying among tons of discs for a long while. So I must see for myself what is so desperate about those housewives. In fact, they are very ordinary people like you and me, except those housewives seriously look delicious. If my neighbours' wives are the likes of Teri Hatcher or Eva Longoria, I would have long settled down and start a family. And might just give my mother what she wants.

Looking at the opening credits, the music, the style, one would have never expect the desperate housewives to be somewhat a dark comedy. But I can see the reasons why it is good. The suspenses. The plot within plot. The crazy yet so much like you and me. A neighbour we all hate like Mrs McClusky. A mother-in-law that we wish will might may could pray to do without. A hotie gardener, actually I think I can do without, not especially so when I have a really hot wife like Eva Longoria. A delicious looking nanny that excite one's hubby. Ok, I think that sound like a bad for most housewives. Hotie wife in red lingeres sure look very delicious, like Marcia Cross. And brats that simply drives you nut. That is one hell of a good reason why I am still against the idea of kids. I think Eva Longoria makes a good point on why no kids is a good idea.

However, as I watch it, I can only tell myself one day. Does all your neighbours have such dark secrets? That almost everyone is related to another one by some really dark secrets. So you better watch your back next time, should you have neighbours that wanted to kill you. I'm almost done with the serial, if not for the fact that I'm missing episode 22. Damn. I wonder now if I should start on Lost. That look great too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home