Monday, July 11, 2005

Faaaantastic

In 1961, they were created on the printed media. He who could stretch like rubber, flexible to his imagination. He who can set himself on fire and be really really hot. He who is so heavy and strength that challenge anything. She who can turn herself invisble, and looks really delicious in lingerie. They are a family of super-powered hero. They are the new silver screen F4. In 2005, they are recreated on the silver screen with the new advance CGI available for the cinematography.

The first thing a colleague told me when I told her that I'm keen to watch it, she told me that her little friends ( 小朋友) at home are very keen as well. However, the review say its a letdown. My first comment to that statement is that review are written by people. One of my ex-bosses favourite phrase is One man's meat may be another man's poison. True. My view does not means its your view. You may hate the thing but I might like it. There are a 101 factors to it. Try studying this module called movie101. You will learn to discount something, and gives it some leeway. You don't expect to cram everything that happened in the last 40 years to be squeezed into a 2 hours 1.5 hours show, do you?

Too many trilogies out there might just wear out the novelties. And I don't seem to wait one year just to see and learn about how the four fellas learn how to use their power. And to forget that things in 1961 is different from things in 2005. Basically, I will say the movie is entertaining. Remember the key word is entertaining. A couple of cheap, actually not so cheap since tickets are getting expensive by the year, laughters here and there. And of course, you get to see the very delicious-looking Jessica Alba. Chris Evans might be hunki-licious to the babes but that is none of my concern. My eyes are not on him.

But kill the guy please, if a guy like the one in this F4 production that can choose to let a delicious-looking Jessica Alba walk out on him, thinking he still dun understand, unless explain in quantum physics. Actually, love and relationship can be simpler than ABC or more complexity than the quantum physics. As with the usual silver screen lomantika jerkies (hey, what's an american movie without a male lead, handsome or not, that will ended up with some seriously delicious-looking babe). Guy used to have the girl. Guy lose girl to long time rivals. Guy meet girl again. Girl still love guy. Guy got back girl again. Rival not happy about it. And well, I dun have to spelll out the rest.

But I'm still curious, what happens to a metal when you suddenly cool it rapidly when it is heated to extreme high temperature? Anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home