Friday, July 01, 2005

What a week

I have always like to keep myself busy. Being busy is a good way of passing your time. Being busy prevents you from idling too much, leaving you wondering what to do to kill your time. Being busy let you feel like you are alive and kicking.

But since last friday, the week had not been a good week. First a colleague approached me when I'm in a middle of doing another server to help her with some urgent work. Just when I thought that the problem was solved after I wrote an application to solve her specific problem, then realized that data given was not consistent, so have to make adjustment for it. So left office with a slight sour taste since the urgent work took me longer than I expected to finish.

Then later in the night, I got tramatized at my regular salsa club. Tramatized because 3 drunken were hogging me. They were me because one of them tell the other one that I'm a salsa instructor, wanting me to teach them salsa. I kept telling them that I'm no instructor but drunkens will not take no for an answers. They won't even let me dance in peace and I'm stupid enough to give them my mobile number.

Saturday was errrm...... fine, since I get to catch Initial D in the evening. Then head on down later, after midnight, to my regular salsa club. No idea why I went down since i ended up sitting and not moving a single limb stoning away before decided to go home and watched the Initial D anime. Sunday was spent stoning away and watching the Initial D anime before receiving a call from my good friend to go out for dinner. Had Shanghainese steamboat at where-the-ah-gua-show-used-to-be. The food is the same except it comes with I-think-its-peanut paste and I-suspect-its-oliver-oil with garlic for dips. Not worth the moolah if you ask me.

The week then started with urgent work upgraded to very urgent work and having the top management breathing down my boss's neck on the status of the work. So rest of the week was spent working on it. And today, just when everything seemed to be going smoothly, something went seriously wrong with the raw data. No farking shit!

Just before lunch, my boss comes to me and informed that I have to come back tomorrow for run my processing. I looked at him with eyes wide opened, saying I'm out of town tonight already!! Going for my fishes are friends, not food activities. He looked at me and give me a no shit look. So within the next few hours, I had to prepare my application for my colleagues to run it. Now I hope the raw data format is not changed else my application might just halt processing it. The goddamn raw data came from third party who can only work on it tomorrow. Now I gotta leave the office with worries. Nabei!

My boss told me that he will call me if they got problems. Oh fark. I'm ok with the calling but that is if the call can reach me in the open sea. And I dun think there is a mobile that works undersea. This very urgent work had involved from 2 persons to 4 now, and worst I'm at the first stage of processing. If mine halts, no one else might be able to continue. Godspeed to me. Godspeed to my boss. Godspeed to my colleagues.

And this very weekend, I have to decide if I want to join a group to go a place that I have been dying to go, several thousands miles above the sea level. I only know about it this morning, informed of the details in the late afternoon and decide by Monday. And travel at the end of the month. Nabei!!!

Abit too busy liao leh!!

Typing your blog entry on the van using your mobile is a bad bad bad idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home