Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Facing your fear

"An excellent animal," Wolf said, though without much enthusiasm, "but didn't anyone tell you it's customary to jump out of the way after the boar has been speared?"

"I didn't really think about it," Garion admitted, "but wouldn't that seem - well - cowardly?"

"Were you that concerned about what a pig might think of you?"

- Mister Wolf to Garion in "Pawn of Prophecy"

I think its goddamn funny. Indeed. Why would you be bothered with how a pig thinks of you, especially when you are hunting it for game or food. Bravery mixed in with dense wit seems like a good way to kill oneself.

So when I come face to face with a creature of my fear, I always wonder if I should apply the theory of 井水不犯河水 i.e. to say, the well water should not disturb the river water. Literally. Or another way of putting, everyone minds their own business. The policy of 它走它的陽光道,我過我的獨木橋 looks extremely attractive at time of facing the creature of my fear.

But there will be times when it come to a state of 背水一战, where I have to fight the battle, to win is honor and glory, and losing it will, well, not death but something similar to it. There is no running away. Its cowardly - but - why should I bother with what my creature of fear thinks of me?

Last night, it had broke the code of honor first. It trespass into my territory, and I caught it red-handed. There was no denial. There was not backup. There was no lie. There was only the truth, and the truth shall start my rampaging act against it. The battle horns had been blown. I had no choice but to gear myself up for the battle. Getting my weapons ready which I had stock up within reach in case of emergency when the dishonourable act of treason occurred.

Using the legendary and superb skill I seen, and tried to master, in 十面埋伏 to end the battle as decisively as I could. Rolling up my weapon of mass destruction that was extremely likely to conclude the battle, I took aim at the creature of my fear. I can see that it was try to stare back at me, trying to re-inject the fear into me. It even opened up its claws and waved them at me maliciously. But I rejected that fear, for the needs had arised for me to protect my territory. Its wings even started buzzing away, getting ready for an airborne attack. If it did, the creature would have taken the high ground leaving me disadvantagous. It might be a losing battle for me.

I know I had to strike the fear back into the creature instead. I had to stand firm and faced it bravely, but not densely. One do not thread in dangerous water, I must say. Somehow, somewhere, somewhat, something striked a fear in the creature. The buzzing of the wings stop. It turned around and ran. In any event of a battle, never ever show your back to your enemy. Honorable warriors do no death onto the enemy by way of kiling through the back. But when you are face one to one, in a one-on-one fight, no turning of the back for that is conclusion to the enemy to kill you, with or without honors for you have insulted the honors of the duel.

Such opportunity had occurred and I shall not waste it. Opportunity do not knock twice. I let flew my weapon of mass destruction. It wheez. It whooz. It flew straight into the creature. For that moment of a spilt nanosecond, I thought I saw it doing a couple of 360 degree rotations with abit of another 90 degree slate turn to the right before spearing crushing down on the lower half of the creature. In that moment of victory, I know the creature had taken a huge hit.

I walked up to it to ensure that it had been exterminated. Just when I thought of clearing up the corpus delicti to remove all traces of any form of termination that had taken place, the upper half of the carcass suddenly reacted with action of struggles. It was telling me that it was still alive, in pain maybe. Been a benevolent person and I hd a cleaning job to get over with, I had to will end it fugly life swiftly, to reduce the creature of any pain.

Taking aim with my weapon of mass destruction, I let flew it once more with the legendary and superb flying dagger style. Except this time, it got no rotation. It went straight down. Straight into its upper body. Straight to end the creature's miserable punny fugly life. C.R.A.S.H. And that the deed had been done, time for some prayers. Afterall, life sucks. Death is expected in a duel. So grudges should be hold against one another.

Amen.

南無阿弥陀佛

Allaahu Akba

For I know not your religion.

Farewell creature aka 小強 aka Kah Zua.

R.I.P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home