Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Appreciating it

孙子兵法曰:知已知彼,百战百胜

Uncle Sun says it that understand oneself and understand the enemy, every battle that one goes to, every battle will be victorious for one.

Technically, I'm not going to war but basically I'm just referring to the essence of it (hey, I'm a peace lover ^^\/). If you understand a particular subject/theme/object/watever, you can relate well and even come to put youself in the shoes, pondering what would be your action.

My fishes are friends, not food activity had been very enjoyable. And it was during the activity that I first hear, then followed by repeatedly hearing, the question. 40 metres, 30 bar, one tank left, what would you do? Actually I was think then that these are hardcore diving enthusiasts, asking such life-and-death question.

Probably if you are a none diver, you won't understand the question at all. I have known about Umizaru before it was released but it was not really on my must-watch list. It belongs to the catch-it-if-i-stumble-upon-it list. However, during the fishes are friends, not food activity, they kept talking about it. Must be exciting to get all these hardcore enthusiasts talking about it. Indeed, it does makes the differences if I have catch it before or after I took up diving. After I was watching the movie, I can feel the emotion building up, the hell they are doing and the question that the instructor kept asking.

An interesting movie but flawed. Would have prefer a much more dramatic ending. And I'm sure that I finished up all the credits only realise that at the end of it, there contain a trailer. A very short trailer on the upcoming part II. And the part II is slating for Spring 2006 release, which is like 1 ½ years away from the first part. Reminds me of the trailer for Matrix Revolution at the end of Matrix Reloaded credits.

Though I may not have learnt my tango, but my understanding of other dances does help me a lot in understanding some other dances. Of course my enjoyment for dancing as well as the talent in me (must be my self-inflated ego at work again) helping me enjoy my first paid tango performance. Till today, I have never regret it and I seriously love it. I still says it again, if I can catch it again, I would. But there are others who beg to differ. My friend simply puts it that he cannot appreciate anything he does not understand, even if he knows the subject's branch siblings.

I catch my first ballroom performance in an expensive paid dinner gala (expensive to me, you hor. I only earning little moolah to stay alive. I'm selling backside, anyone?) and that is even before I took up my ballroom classes. I have always love watching dance performance, except for ballet which I farking cannot understand, and some of those dizzling and blinding contemporary dance. I still enjoys it. Even now that I have learn my ballroom, still I cannot fully understand it but I'm very much enjoy watching it. Ballroom is much more different. They are like looking at perfectionist. It is so unlike social dancing. Easy come, easy go (errr, is that the right phrase?).

Come on, look at it this way, does all the food critics are good cook? I can be a good appreciator of good food. I can tell you the difference in the smoothness of the noodles, the feel in the texture and the just-about-right elastic feel of the noodles but that does makes me a good cook? Nop, it don't. How many of us here self-proclaim that they goes for good food, criticizing food that cannot make it yet can't cook a single shit?

My point? I have no idea. I just ranting away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home