Monday, June 20, 2005

Why arts is expensive

I once told a friend that irregardless of the person religion in Sillypore, a sillyporean is always a sillyporean, by heart, by faith, by nature. The typical kiasu-ism exists in almost true blue well-bred sillyporean.

Company got a pretty good promotion price on the PCK musical, and I thought, why not? So I got myself a date (make myself happy abit, cannot anot?). Technical it should not be a date, but ended up she is the only person going, so it becomes a date. The rest are like not interested, finding it TOO expensive (wait till they check out Snow Wolf Lake), got a ticket already, heard that it is not good (only tell me this after I have ordered my ticket) etc. Nevermind that, let's hope the date ain't reading this else I might get chewed to death.

Found out that the PCK musical is actually given out a lot of promotion and discount to schools. In fact, some companies are even given free complimentary tickets. I guess when its at this stage, very likely that the tickets are not selling very well. On top of that, it is afterall a family targetted performance, so I guess I will be expected to see a lot of kids running around.

Indeed there is hell lotsa kids running around. And as usual, people like to be late, even for performances. Even 10 minutes into the performance, you can still see lotsa shadows moving around. I know, I should looking at the stage and not around other places but there are just a little too many shadows roaming around. Just like those hungry ghost during the Lunar 7th month, not like I seen any before.

When I found my seats, and lay my big fat bum on it, I know its not a good things already. Its creaky and because the whole roll of it are joined, any fidgeting can be well heard and well felt by  the next few seats beside it. Then came this bastard that was fidgeting so much that he must be sitting on needles throughout the whole damn performance. The girlfriend must be also cannot idiot. Can't she feel his beau fidgeting non stop? Can't she check on him or ask him to avoid fidgeting so much?

FARK. I tell you. Now there is a good reason why arts is expensive now. No noisy children. No uncomfortable seats. No farking bastard who do not know how to conduct himself. Oh, the sound system at the indoor stadium is not very good. Either I have not dig my ears well enough or the microphone that they are using sound muffled to me. And the only good thing I enjoy that night? The dinner. Nice sumptuous dinner. Too bad I can't get my date to foot the bill. Too bad.



2 Comments:

Blogger Little Chilli Padi said...

haha why u say ur date till like that...is she really that baddddddd?

21/6/05 01:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha well, technically speaking, actually she's quite pretty, in her own rights. at least i have ppl feedback to me that she's pretty :-P -shrug- but she's a tigress beneath her. if im not careful, i might get chew to death.

21/6/05 09:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home