Tuesday, June 07, 2005

H2G2

British humour has always been one of my favorites. To top it up, british accent is just so sexy. Wait, that sound so gay. Still a british babe with a plain good british accent is just plain sexy. Period.

Coupling is a good one at its best, bester than Sex and The City, if you ask me. Then again, one man's meat is another man's poison, especially if you hate sitcom, then probably Sex and The City is more for you.

Been waiting for it for a while, since its a recommendation from a friend. Finally its showing in our sunny sillypore. Not too bad a movie, I must say. Take off your sensibility and sanity, leave them outside the cinema. Laugh your heart out. Depression is funny, if it is not on you.

H2G2 is a nice show that remains true blue to its origin. Many of the props in the movie reminds me very heavily of an 80s TV program. Afterall, it is based on an 80s program. Most of the things are not really reinvented for the new movie, maybe except Marvin (the old one here) and of course the Planet Factory. If this place ever existed, I would pray for the widest lens I can lay rob snatch steal whatever my hands on.

But of course, the movie is flawed. Moving a little too fast, and leaving behind many unanswered questions. Or maybe it was never meant to be answered. But still, someone who never watch the TV serial before can still enjoy the movie, someone like me.

A wallpaper that I used to use and always wonder the meaning behind it. Now I know where it originates from. A scene of hope and depression. Not to forget the scene of sexy Trillian and Marvin.

A quote from the ever depressing Marvin that might brighten up your day

Here I am with a brain the size of a planet and they ask me to pick up a piece of paper. Call that job satisfaction? I don't. (so honey, don't get so depressed over work. Afterall you just have to do it)

And I'm suspecting that this fella here is a brother to Marvin.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home