Monday, May 30, 2005

Da-di-di-di-dum

Long long time ago, in a far far away galaxy the wars of the stars had begun. It had created at least 2 generations of fans.

LOTR is said to have create a new base of fans, that is going to be far bigger than Star Wars attributing to handsome boys like Orlando Boom and Elijah Woods. But then in the first trilogy, you get Harrison Ford, and the newer prequel, you get Ewan McGregor. Still it seems the female fans are casting their votes for LOTR instead.

A movie long in the running, in fact its as old as me and its still growing strongly. Will you mark their words that this is the end? We shall see. When the temptation of moolah and fame is involved, i really doubt so. First we had A New Hope, followed by The Empire Strike Back, and concluded by Return of the Jedi. 16 years later, The Phantom Menace show up. Along then came Attack Of The Clones and finally(?) ends it off nicely with Revenge Of The Sith.

The first time I catches a Star Wars movie in the threater was back in 1999. I was totally in awe of the special effects. The CG was totally way cool. No one I can think of can surpass them. ILM. The granddaddy of its industry. I just expect it from them. They will never fail in that aspect. However, I must say the story was a big disappointment. A friend of mine even commented story? what story? where? on The Phantom Menace.

I skipped the next one in the cinema. I just watch it at home. And then I'm finally back in the cinema for the concluding episode of the prequel. Still I must say, the CG still is simplying amazing! No doubts about it. The story? Once again, I'm too disappointed. The night before the movie, I'm out drinking with some friends, and one of them was already giving me the spoilers. Well, anyway, I'm sure we all know Anakin is going to become Darth Vardar, unless and of course you are the 2 chaps in mention.

Spoken to 2 persons about the movie before I went to catch it. One says its really good and the other says its suck. If you ask me, I will say its so good that its sucks big time. Technically wise, its superb. Story and flow wise, I think it sucks. Need I say more on the tehnical aspect? ILM has a string of products that shown its capabilities, so I shan't bitch about it. They are good. They are that good. However, the plot and feel of the movie is not there. It is just damn flat. In fact, anything with dialogue that involved Hayden Christensen, I wish to be skipped. I'm so totally bored with it. Remind me of SWAT. Fast pace action movie but too flat. It fails to bring me on a ride up and down the adrenaline rush cycle. Sad case.

But I must say, the green lizard is an amazing thing. I absolutely love it. If I can pay to have a ride on it, I would. I'm sure riding that to work will be swift, delivering you to the door of your office. Scaling the skyscrapers on this greenie will be such a kool thing. Maybe that is the only exciting thing for me in the movie.

Things I hate about the movie:
  1. Padmé look uglier than before. Not sexy enough.
  2. Obi-wan Kenobi acted like some lost jedi master with Anakin around.
  3. Anakin just can't act.
  4. Where is the irritating Jar Jar Bin? Want him executed under Operation Code 66.
  5. There are too much science in the force.
  6. There are more things that I can remember :-P
My Revenge Of The Sith day turns out to be a meet my friends day. At the cinema, I bump into an old forum friend whom my forum peers then nickname her the goldfish(psst, dun tell her and its not geylang I'm referring to, you horny bastard). I guess both of us are invited by pay for the tickets that this good friend of the goldfish is administrating. An NTU Alumni event. And when I ask her where is this good the goldfish friend of her, she just point to someone next to me. Kauz. Arriving at the same time at the reception and I din even see her. Anyway, it doesn't matter, she's miss-able.

Come to think of it, its quite worth it. $7 for a weekend movie that comes with food. Not bad. And to think you will bump into friends who went to NTU. You don't. But the friend whom I went with the movie with did. She bump into her NTU friends and it turn out one of them is my primary school friend! Kauz. Buy 4D also not so accurate lorrrrr. This primary school friend of mine was last met several years ago, when we are still boys. Before NS, you are always boyyyy wahhhhhh. Time truly flies. And its such coincident that this primary school friend of mine is also a classmate in Junior College with another primary schoolmate cum ex-neighbour and secondary school classmate of mine. Indeed. The world is this small. And that small.

In fact, when this primary school friend of mine first saw me, he kept staring me and I'm too busy eating the free food. Freeee food leh, where can dun eat? Luggiiiiiiii lor. My friend who was there with me just told him that he won't know me since I'm not NTU. I turned to look at him, go back to my food again. I did find him familiar but I can't exactly pinpoint until he said my chinese name. I was dumbfound. Only ancient friends knew my chinese name, and those ancient friends had lost contact through time! Only then I recall who he was. Cannot blame lah. Its been more than 9 years since I last saw him! And then now my other friend recall my chinese name. Shit.

Later after the movie, went out shopping she-shop-i-follow with friend whom I went to the movie with. And I bump into a secondary school friend with his wife and 6 months-old son whom I invited along for later in the day. I believe in 选日不如 撞日(choosing a date is not better than doing it now). See. Singapore so small. I don't normally bump into people coz I hate to be in town on weekend. Its filled with madness with all those crowd.

End of dinner, I bump into an army friend with his wife. It left me thinking, if I am to bump into my polytechnic and degree friend, then I would have bump into a complete education circle of friends. Too bad. my 4D is never this accurate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home