Tuesday, May 03, 2005

five-er-fly

I spend my long weekend up in the northern territory, across the straits. Relaxing place, if you dun mind a leisure travel and relax place there, and not to talk about the jam.

The waterfall is nice but not overwhelming enough. But at least I see something for real instead of some water spitting out from the group like those you found many of the local shopping ground. A nice walk from the entrance to all the way into the waterfall.

IMG_0216
You get to see some flights of stony steps with water running down it. Nice work, I must say.

IMG_0222
I have spotted this along the climb up to the waterfall. I have no idea what that is. And the lady who spot it did not scream. Yeah, amazing, I must tell myself.

Along the way you get to see the like of this and this. Can be a relax and nice place to come down here with your special someone and soak yourself in there like they do. Even shops are like these are available there to slaughter chop buy some souvenirs.

And at the end of the long walk in, we finally reach the waterfall.

IMG_0233

We spend a night over at this nice cosy resort. And of course you get funny things extra along with resort in a rainforest. A lizard iguana baby monitor lizard I-have-no-idea-what-you-call-that-reptile was found in the toilet. One girl got so freaked out that she dare not go into the toilet. Oh well, girls.. (ok, no roaches for me, thank you). So I suggested to her to ignore it, and just use the toilet without closing the door, since that I-have-no-idea-what-you-call-that-reptile is just behind the door.

So I left the chalet to let her have the whole chalet to her privacy, while the rest is preparing lunch outside the chalet. But still, she was quite freak out, and then, 1 more girl started to get freaky after she came out of the bathroom. Oh yeah, the last thing I wanted on a trip was freaky girls. Thank you. So I had to let the hero( 英雄) in me to come out and rescue the beauty (救美). I tried to catch hold of it and brought it out of the chalet. Its easy to squeeze it, but no, I'm not going to kill anything alive, or rather living things, excluding pests that I hate. That I-have-no-idea-what-you-call-that-reptile was clinging onto the wall for its small dear life. So after bit of pulling, it finally gave in and let go. Bonus points scored (the girls seems to be playing the points scoring system on us, or rather the other much more handsome gentleman). -shrug-

Even within the resort, it has its own miniature waterfall. How nice. So much water. The chinese must be loving it, since water(水) is moolah (财).

After dinner, we are heading for the firefly cruise. Yeah, I'm been suaku cause I never see before wahhhh. Its a nice sight. Everyone wears a life jacket for the safety and the boat cruise along the mangrove swamp. They boatman keep a distance between the boat and the those mangroves. And you see those mangroves lighted like christmas tree. It was a really wonderful sight. Once in a while, you get to see some fireflies fly close by the boat and passengers onboard will try to catch it. I was one of them. Somehow, towards the end of the cruise, a malay family bargain plead negotiate for the boatman to cruise close to the mangroves, and the next thing you know, a lot of people started catching those poor little thing! Ok, so was I. -shrug-

Its just nice to see a little LED lightbulb walking on your palm and arm. Ok, I lost mine before we hit back to the jetty. I had to let it go anyway since I can't find a bag to contain it. 3 of us catch one each and 2 of us let it go (ok, I let it go not of my own will but still, it disappear from my hand). One was brought back to our resort. This is the best that I can do on a shot of it. Poor lighting condition and having it inside a glass was seriously tough to shoot. No glow of course. It only glows under very dark condition. We tested that too. Switch off all the lights and slowly, the glowing lights come back again.

By then, some of us are already feeling guilty about murdering it. Fireflies have very short lifespan but we made it shorter. And to think we took it away from its natural habitance and for it to die in a foreign place(刻死异乡).

So sinful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home