Thursday, April 21, 2005

U is for Unbelievable

This week is not even over yet and I'm getting surprises already, both good and bad. On day 1 of week 18, I already begin the week with a bad start. Bad omen. Bad stuffs. Bad shit. And still worse shit can still happens.

Flickr is the newest in thing on organizing your photos. Although it has little bugs that still bugs me but on the whole, its a really kool site and great for share out photos. But funny thing is that I do get people having problems with the site. I guess its the flash thingy. So on a relatively slow machine, the site might not look too outstanding.

Got an email from them early in the week.

Hi bishamon!

You may have heard on the grapevine that we planned to
reward our dear Flickr members who bought a Pro Account in
the early days. Well, it's true! And since you're one of
those lovely people, here's a little something to say YOU
ROCK!

1. Double what you paid for!
Your original 1 year pro account has been doubled to
2 years, and your new expiry date is [date].

2. More capacity!
Now you can upload 2 GB per month.

3. 2 free Pro Accounts to give away to your friends!
This won't be activated for a day or two, but when it
is, you'll see a note on your home page telling you
what to do.

Thank you so much for putting your money where your mouth
is and supporting us, even while we're in beta. Your
generosity and cold, hard cash helped us get where we are
today.

Kind regards,
The Flickreenies.


That sure is nice of them. If Apple and Microsoft starts doing that, you will see more people buying original copy instead of the pirated limited edition version(海盗金专版) or even the downloaded version.

Meet up with my sister during ching ming (清 明). So she was reminding telling me that mother's day is coming. Oh yeah, it is coming. So how I asked her. And as usual, I get the standard dunno reply from her. In that case, I told her to go back and arrange with mom to see what she wants to eat, go out for dinner, and AVOID AT ALL COST the actual day.

I dun like to be taken as a robert (萝卜仔) nor tok chai tou (斩菜头). As I alwayz believe, it you are filial, everyday is mother/father/ah mah/ah gong/wheover/whatever day. You do not have to wait till that day to display your act of filial piety in the public. Its all crap. The same goes for valentine. Exact sentiments 1001%.

Then sometime this week, I got an sms from my sister.

Ma say mum day dun go eat. Ask us buy her diamond white gold ring instead.

⌐.⌐"

Guess when I got that msg. I was with this girl who was shopping inside Soo Kee for a ring.

Wah kauz. No better timing. Anyway, I also not interested in that ring, so I went outside the shop to look around instead of standing there like a kuku and look at her trying out the ring. In case the shop assistants give me a why-this-bastard-not-interested-in-looking-at-the-ring look or why-ain't-I-paying-for-it look.

Oh yeah, my mom is getting good now. Getting good at tok-ing her son. Just some time back, ask my sister to sms me to sponsor her a pillow. So I ask,

how much.

100

wah kauz. the pillow sleep liao super shiok ah?

dunno. that is why she want to try.


At times like this, going silence is a good way. However, it seems like sweep the dust under the carpet does not cover up anything, it will bound to resurface. And it did. Days later.

Now got promotion, 69.90. How?

how wat? That good meh? U sure its not some con-artist?

she says dowan to ask u liao, later go buy 4D, win liao can buy liao

oh yeah. buy lah buy lah, i pay lahhhhhh


Now you see, its all strategy. Now you know why X-files tell you to trust no one. Now that I wrote this, maybe I should go get one myself, to see if I can sleep better, and chase my nitemare away.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Godson, your mom has got the strategy down good. Heh, although I'm wondering just how far she will get in influencing you to have kids.

23/4/05 17:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home