Monday, February 28, 2005

A is for Arouse

I aroused from my sleep on sataurday. Having an average of 5 hours sleep during weekdays, weekends are for catching up on lost sleep. But not this saturday.

Waking up from a bad dream is bad enough. And to get a "last min" notification for a photo shoot was even worse. Hey, I dun work professionally hor, only just a hobbyist.

Speaking of my dream, I was been "targetted" and "terrorized" by a snake, an unknown species of a snake. It seemed to enjoy agonizing me by crawling around me, striking me with fear on not knowing if this damn reptile is poisonous. After finally done with its fun on me, it decided to bite into me, and I was ...was...damn, i can't recall but i know its fears. It slided away while I go scrambling away looking for antidote. Its only moments later that the owner on the snake appeared (hey, its a dream lor, dun need to explain rationality and technicality on appeareance, rite?) and say its not poisonous and its just teasing me.

TEASING MY ARSE. Teasing? I think its TRAMATIZING. Hey, I'm a snake too lor, can't it recognised its own bred? $#%^&%#$

So I walk away, going to another shopping looking for a friend and to only "accidentally" made my friend dropped an all-blardie expensive camcorder. WAT THE FARK? My dreams think I got too much money to go throw around? Then I was "force" into making the purchase. And then the phone go singing the sony advertisement.

Allo I go trying to sound like I'm not sleeping. Trying. So a quick and short and groggy take place and ended in under 5 mins. Aroused from bed with a not-so-great call. What a day to start with.

Well, anyway, its almost none and time to get up, prepare myself to go catch the day performance of the Singapore Dance Master 2005. So while sending an email to a friend to tease her about going back to work on a saturday and having to give the dance master competition a missed, that is when I found out as well that my office servers went down! WAT THE FARK?

Now it must be retribution! It must be. I always know God (if he exists) dun like me, he clearly seems to have proven himself again. So make some calls to my vendors and quickly get my big fat arse back to the office to see what is wrong. Next time cannot be so bad, email people to laugh at people. No good lah. No good.

After solving office problems, make my way down to Raffles City to meet up with other friends to catch the day performance and pick up the night performance which includes a 8 course dinner and blardie cost me 128 dollars, and mind you that is the cheapest ticket. To my horror, they require formal wear. WAH LAU EH! You must be joking lah! And yesh they have it printed on the ticket. Jacket and tie! WAH KAUZ!

To think when I was in Phuket last weekend, I still jokefully tell my friends that I have no need for a suit when they suggest that I joined them in making one since its relatively cheap. I had NEVER needed one since day one when I started working. DAMN!

So I have to leave early and go home change into shirt, pants and tie. I am lucky since I live near town. My other friend who is joining me for the dinner isn't so lucky. He went to buy his clothes after watching the day performance. Another lady friend joined us as well and no problem, she knows about the formal wear. Wah lau! How I know? I first time watching ballroom competition wah!

It IS good, especially the performances by those super-saiyan-level performances. Its a jaws dropping experiences for me. Ok, couple of things I learnt.

1. Ballroom dances are suppose to be elegant and historically for the upper class people but I tell you, the attendees are not.

2. I pay $128 to learn that if I want to fully enjoy my food and watch the dance at a good and confortable view, pay for the much-more-coveted-expensive tickets. I heard the most expensive is the table costing 5 good grands for 10 person.

3. If you dun turn back and check on your food, the people on your table with eat them without your knowledge. Upper class my arse.

4. Turning up with tie at my usual hangout salsa place is not a good idea. Everyone goes hoo-ha and pulled on my tie. I swear its no longer silver-white.

5. The only alcohol served is beer, and its cheapolo tiger beer. Why no wine ah? Not high class enough ah? But at least their fruit juices come with my favourite coco-de-nata.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home