Tuesday, February 01, 2005

ingterneck warrior

Yeah. A very nice catchy word. Gotta give due credits to Mr Miyagi for coming up with the ingterneck if not wait my lecturer going to say I never do referencing and consider it plagarism.

MSN must be so in. ICQ must be so out. Must be. Must be.

Remember back when internet first reach the consumer market here. Back then, to own an email account is really kool. To have even internet access was even kooler. And to IRC and ICQ, ya the koolest. But things have changed so much since I first used the ingterneck.

I remmebered clearly how ICQ first arrived at the local scene and everyone was trying to forward the installer around to each other. Back then, the very first version is somewhere around 1M. A very small size in today's term but its a HUGE file back then, and with a pathetic 5M of email space, how the fark you going to store all those email with 1M attachment? DAMN. Downloading them was as good as killing me softly. Download them to only see it as some junk. Back then, I have IMAP technology was unheard by them and no ISP was provided web access to email then.

Imagine this downloading 5M of emails @ 9.6Kbps, its took slightly over an hour to download all of them to only realised they all contain the same attachment that everyone was sending out. You really feel like killing them. NO goddamn-crazily-high-yet-cannot-be-seem-at-home-speed was available back then. Singtel MAGIX existed back then but was on a limited trial period and at a exorbitant pricing which I refuse and can't afford then. I heard complaints that the connection kept dropping then. Those suckers.

So back about 5 years ago, ICQ is still pretty kool. MSN and YAHOO and AOL instant messenger still can't beat it. So people start complain who got a "smaller" number in ICQ. It just shows how long you have been on it. No. 100000 is the first "official" member, I guess. But today ICQ has be ousted by the rest.

But still, I remember to give up on ICQ. I dun like yahoo, since I have never even own a yahoo nor hotmail email accounts (till I join current company and for the purposes of testing). I have seen people having almost all the IM loaded on their PC. WOW, this is what I called the ingterneck warrrior. Like they doing multi-billion sales conversation and the most accomodating personnel you can find online.

Me: Hey, you have IM?
Someone: Yeah! Which on you want to look for me? Yahoo? AOL? MSN? ICQ?
Me: You siao boh, u ingterneck warrior ah?
Someone: No choice, different friends use different IM.
Me: ........


Poor me. I still stick to ICQ and refuse to change.

MSN is FUGLY. BIG AND FUGLY.

ICQ is BECOMING fugly. If they get any fuglier, I will jump shit to MSN then, since like most of the people I know of are on MSN.



Things I learnt and will try to remember:
Poor advertising. NEVER USE A FUGLY WOMAN if you are selling chat services. People will wonder if that is who the people using this service looks like. I have seen all sort. From cutie to hoties. From school-doers to sexy seductress. But for that one time, I see they use a fugly man and woman. What the fark is the designer thinking? Or they no money to buy chio chio picture? Go check out the "Teletext Friends" ads on Channelnewsasia.

Psst. You migth need to F5 a few times.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Trillian Pro 3!

Prettifies the interface instantly! No more fugliness! (what the hell is that word anyway?!?!)

~GodMom~

7/2/05 16:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home