Monday, January 31, 2005

world class singapore

Singapore always want to brand itself as world class.

So we have world class health care. World class education. World class services. World class paid ministers. World class judges by the tv side.

Usual weekend hanging out at my salsa place. But wasn't in any great mood for dancing, so stick around watching soccers. Pretty interesting match for the weekend. Matches for the FA cup. I'm a non-soccer fans. I dunno even know who's who. I'm just watching 25 monkeys running after a small little balls been paid world class pays. At least 35 thousand human beings scream/shouting/ranting/chanting(delete where applicable) with/at/for those 25 monkeys. And this is not world class Singapore I'm ranting about.

So watching a few matches with some friends was a good way to spend my saturday nite as well. Especially you see those friends that have moolah involved in the game. Their expressions are priceless . Theirs heart probably skip a beat each time any side score a goal. That is the bad thing of buying draw. I wonder did they do a survey to see the increase in heart attacks and weaken hearts due to gambling in soccer. I'm not surprised if the results are as good as smoking.

At this nice club where we get to dance salsa and watch world class soccer on a nice big projector or 14" Tv or 42" plasma, its nice of them to throw in some world class commentors with it. Its not lap sap bar(bar frequent by dirty old man where they can pay for extra services), so we have not soccer hostresses but we get free world class commentors. Not a bad idea.

"Wah lau eh, just throw lah. Think so long for wah? Throw in front nia, not asking you to throw back into audience". "Shoooooot lah, think think think. STUPID". "Why the player dunno how to pass the ball?". "Why foul ah? Boh leh"

So its alwayz amusing to heard those comments. So I ask one of them, "why are you so excited? You got bet ah?". "No lah, interested lor". "Sorry hor, interested are only for punters" was my reply. Yah wah, you get so excited for wat? Not like you got any profit out of being so excited and putting your heart to such stress test experiment.

Wakeboarding is a nice sport. But its not so nice when you can't even get up. Not nice when you get sunburnt instead of suntan. Was trying out wakeboarding on Sunday. So when out on the small boat, I was looking at the water color, reminds me of a swamp. So I asked the other friend who frequently wakeboard if drink those colored-water, will you lau sai(diarrhea)?

Something was wrong with my technique. That is what they kept telling me and yet can't show me how. The only aching musle now are my arms, from gripping the handle. Damn. I know its the technique issue. My friends are getting shoulder and back ache and I'm the only one with arms. Damn. Technique.

The person who was giving me the guidance(not exactly the instructor but the person ...errr.. do you call that driving or riding or maneuvering the boat) was saying that its a little hard to explain but won't you get it, you will understand. Yeah rite. I also know that statement. I used that in salsa. I no instructors wor. So I only dance, I dun teach.

My arms worn out faster than I expected it unless I lost the strength to grip onto the handle. After that, clenching my hand into a fist was aching. Damn. For the 1st time, I was afraid of dropping my tray of bread while queuing. Wah Kau.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home