Monday, February 21, 2005

Y is for Yearn

Indeed. Yearn surly does describe how I feel about my short little holidays oversea.

Many years ago, I had been planning to go to this little island south of the land of the smile but there was always some form of screw up that will prepare me to go there. Finally, along came a promotion and a few emails, package been taken and off I go to the not-so-little island(anyway its approximately the size of Singapore).

This is the first time I'm stepping into that country, if transiting at the capital's airport to my flight to Paris does not count. Finally I get to change come baht and spend it.

Well, I guess its a small airport, so from alighting the plane to exiting the custom to reach our transport to our resort was pretty fast. So we are looking for the person that will be holding my friend's name on a piece of paper. Now, its interesting to know my friend's full name. None of us know him by his full name and know we know. I think its more fun calling him by his full name than by his english name.

The journey was uneventful, other than making me more dizzy on the bumpy roads and hungrier by passing by so many food stalls. During the 1st half of the journey, the guide kept talking non-stop. I wasn't paying much attention coz i'm seated right at the back of the mini-bus and I have the rest of my friends seat right in the front row. So I think its ok that I dun pay attention to him and trying to keep myself from feeling dizzy and hungry. Some more still got SMSes coming in leh. Expensive leh! Wah lau eh! 10 times the cost of normal SMS for replies. Tough leh! Trying to reply with the mini-bus bumping away.

So we are entitled to one free city tour. We took it but request not to visit the temple. Oh well, that is what happened when you got christians in the group. So the good thing about been a free-thinker is that you can visit among almost anything. Someone suggest a church. Boy am I not keen. I have a little too much of churches in europe. After seeing the less grand to be so grand, anything where else just pale. It seriously did. Beside I have not heard of any grand and long-history buddha temples on this little island, so I'm pretty fine with it.

When we got to the hotel, I'm almost starving. A friend asked "what time shall we meet?" and I go "WAH KAU! Wat wat time? Put down bag, can go eat liao lah! U still want dress nice nice meh?!". So in a minute or two, we are outing hunting for food. Along the way, we saw some very sexy womenmen(wo)men. Ya know, its kinda hard to determine their gender.

A friend mention that the policemen here dress very sexy. Wow. That is interesting. So I kept my eyes wide open for the next policemen I saw. Indeed. Tight. Sexy. Uniform. So tight that the folds on the uniform looked like they are ironed. Its like those super-body-hugging-black-elastic-assassin wear. So I wonder if they have a very full meal, will the button darted out like a silver bullet?

So walking around for a while, we settled for one of the restaurant. Its 10+ local time here and its like I'm having supper, after that small minuature dinner I had on the plane. Their service was really slow. Not just that, there's blardie lotsa mosquitoes around! Its everywhere! Above. Beside. Beneath. Around. But must be real heng, they are probably mostly male. Seems like we ain't bitten. Must be male. Must be. The female probably out in the beach moontanning.

So we make it chop chop, finish dinner and get the hell out of da place. So now its walk-around-looking-for-advanture time. Nothing much exciting, except for some of those shui jing jing (very pretty in thai as taught by our guide) sexy womenmen(wo)men. I think the thai must has love animal or they are so much into kinky sports. Their disco/pub were named after the animals. Tiger. Lion. Dragon. Crocodile. Now you know where tiger show comes about.

And nop, I did not take up the offer of the tiger show. Another time perhaps. Another time. Not this trip. So we ended out night after some walking around to see what are availables.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home