Thursday, July 07, 2005

Fishes are friends, not food II

As with my previous fishes are friends, not food activities, I went for another such activity over the weekend. And this time round, its another whole new experiences. To live-on-board and dive. Basically, you eat, shit, sleep, dive, do whatever you want from the boat. No seeing of land until you are about to get off the boat.

As always, such activities always started out on a friday night. So as usual, had to cross the custom to get to our hostile and always giving us water trouble but shopping is cheap friendly northern neighbour. I was a little surprised to see no one at the Second Link. It was almost like a ghost town. Not a single visitor in sight! Based on past experiences like this and that, there was always a certain amount of crowds at the custom. Wow, for a moment, I was thinking if something big was happening somewhere that was luring the crowds away. Oh well, on the bright side, we got in fast. No more wasting time of queuing, with grandnanny tunnelling through the queue.

Was a little excited since its a first time experiencing the style of living onboard a boat. Had tried sleeping on the train for the night to get to my destination. Had tried staying awake the entire night at the airport playing daidi (big2) to save moolah on accommodation. I must say, its nothing big deal at the end of it, provided you dun turn yourself into the merlion.

So once we got onboard, most of the people got into their beds and started preparing to sleep. Same here. Based on previous fishes are friends, not food activities, I learnt that a lack of sleep will affect my dive, especially so for a novice diver like me who just started out. Not too bad, I thought when I could drift off and sleep though inbetween the hours, I seems to have regain certain conscious on my environment. Waking up in the morning with no nauseating feel seems like a good sign to me. Boy was I wrong. ½ hour later, nauseating feel hit me like a wave that was building up it force. As advised from a friend to get some motion pill, you know, just in case. But been the lazy me, I just decided to go get some sour stuffs. I heard, I think, I thought, they would help me.

Nay.

The morning water wasn't that bad. But to be on the safe side, I skipped breakfast and had some of those sour stuffs to help to cull the nauseating shit. Sighz. Oh boy. Seems like it was not as effective as I thought it would be. By the time I hit the water, I was on my way to become the merlion. But maybe on the bright side, I threw up before I started descending into the depth of the open sea. I can't imagine how it will be like to be throwing up when you are already diving down. Food rushing to get out of your mouth, water and fishes rushing to get into your mouth. I love sashimi but not exactly that fresh and raw. It might turn out to be a very bad experience which I care not to experience.

But still, only the 1st dive got the incident. After that, probably gotten used to the slight rocking, so no more merlion incident. It would be such a waste to throw up all the food. Afterall, I love fish, dead or alive. Your fish can't get any fresher than hunting them directly from the sea, and cooking them just hours later. But we do have an accident though. The leader got attacked by trigger fish when he went hunting for our meal. I missed seeing a shark. Damn. Seeing a shark live in front of you should be a fair experiences, provided I dun have any open wound. Next time I should have just open my eyes bigger, or maybe see if i can bring magnifying glass down.

I guess no more such activities for a while since I will probably be going on a trip to this place that I have been so dying to go. High high up there.

Now I can only pray that high altitude sickness do not occur.

Pray.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home