Monday, August 08, 2005

Roof of the world Part X

Tibetan locals can easily drink a case of beer. And they like to ask people to drink. Their favourite phrase for drinking is three mouth one glass (San Kou Yi Pei). They likes to cheer, and then bottle up! My driver jio me for a drink last night. I drink until I scare man. The bottle like dowan to finish. I finish one glass, he poured again. I finish again, he poured again. When the bottle emptied, the waitress brought out more bottles! Dun think I ever drink so much in my life. Think I just stress test my liver.

And the guide fell ill yesterday. By dinner time, she's feeling quite terrible. Ended up we are trying to take care of her. See lah, this kind of guide, dun complain can anot? I dunno man. There's a bitch among us, so she might make a big fuse out of it. Not my problem. I very shui pian one lor. Maybe she's abit too young and inexperiences. Afterall, she's even many years younger than me and I'm the youngest in the group. -shrug-

We wake up very early in the morning so as to rush back to Lhasa. So we the ladies can shop again. And I'm feeling very stony from the way too much of beer from last night. I dun even have a good night sleep. Its damn cold, and if you turn too much, the many many many layers of brankets might let some cold air slip in and its no fun. And very very stereo snoring is keeping me awake. I have no idea whose it is. Either me, or my buddy or the driver. Damnit. @$%^%#$

After breakfast, we set off immediately, trying to find a clinic for the guide. The first town we get to, think the doctor still sleeping, refuse to open door. Then head off for another bigger town. Finally get her to a clinic. Wanna give her some drip (seems like over here, everything can be solved with the drip). When told to wait for 2 hours, the driver say cannot wait that long. So an injection is used. Heard she feel so terrible that she cried. So poor thing, but she's the guide leh.

Today's journey is ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... damn arse pain. I just sleep as much as I can, trying to ignore the pain in my arse. Afterall, its the same route back, so dun feel like taking any more photos, except for a handful misses that we had when we travel to Nyingchi.

The ladies are terribly hungry by the time we reach Lhasa for lunch. Since the rest of the days is ours, we request from the guide to merge the cost of lunch and dinner into the lunch, so that we can go out on our own to have dinner. I tell you, 8 of us (get the driver and the guide in for the meal as well) had like more than 14 dishes of food. I eat until I scare. And everything here is goddamn oily! Like oil no need moolah one. And finally get to try my favourite dish, the fish. So many tiny bones until I give up eating it. But their Ma Po Tou Fu is nothing like Sillypore. Very fragrance, very nice, very hot, very spicy, and comes with this overburnt taste. The original taste!

The guys decided to move on their own. I definitely dowan to get stuck with the chabors, and their shopping is killing me. So we go back to the Octagon Street (Ba Jiao Jie) again to get some stuffs that I din get during our first trip there. And now typing this at the internet cafe for you people to read lorrrr.

Ok, times up. My buddy getting restless. We are heading for the massage liao. I'm sure I'm going to enjoy it. Now wonder what favour should I get.

1 Comments:

Blogger Little Chilli Padi said...

btw..u how old huh

10/8/05 03:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home