Sunday, November 26, 2006

MEGA school

As I was saying last week, that my old school was going to be closing down. Did manage to force myself to get up early and went back for one last look, that it is still a school. Its really a walk down memory lane, reminding me how time really flies. And how old i was becoming.

Seems some old teachers, and just as I was expecting, they dun really remember me. Of course lah, more than 10 years no contact, and they were seeing and in contact with at least 50 new students each year. Anyway, just walked up to 2 teachers and said hi.

Seen some teachers that I my kakis used to dislike. Remember back then we had this chinese teacher we seriously disliked. And most of his class was right after recess break. So what we did was during recess, we rested in the classroom, and when his lessons started, we just went for our recess break. Now, if you happened to be thinking that I'm some kind of a bad student, nop, I'm not. I did study! Did I even mention that I was in the supposing best class. Nothing to be proud of anyway. I think its just luck. Really. Oh that teacher I my kakis used to dislike was now a HOD of mother tongue department. Good for him.

Also seen some schoolmates that I had not seen since leaving school. Took a while to recall who some of them were. My class only had two, that's me and another friend, went back. So pathetic. Went for kopi with them for a while. Talk about old times. Reminded ourselves of fun times we had like Swing Singapore, getting caught for leaving classroom without permission, which boys was going after which girts, playing mahjong the day before our O level exams etc. Missing classmates and their status were a common topic among such meet-up.

So my friend and I just walked around, went back to our old classroom and I used that toilet for the last time. Look like the merger of the two schools that I mentioned caused the two school name to disappear into history. Reasons been the declining of number of students. Heard from one of the retired teachers that the current trend was now into the keyword MEGA. So merge them and combine the resources together have a MEGA school. MEGA my arse.

Goodbye my old school, goodbye......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home