Tuesday, March 06, 2007

TREMOR!

Tremor in Singapore. I felt it! For the first time! Oh my god! For a moment, I thought I was feeling so hungry that I'm going to faint. Wait, cannot be. I'm not that hungry. Ok, which idiot was running so hard and fast in the office. Looking around, no one lehhhhh. Everyone was staring at everyone. Someone mention, leave now! Even my director came out and started to leave.

Overheard someone mention "shut down your pc". Shut my area lah. If it was going to collapse, what was there for you to shut down? Sighz. These people.

The one thing that was going through my mind, my backup, my configuration, my files! See, I'm so devoted to my work! :-P

Everyone evacuated from the building, to the main road. Most of us was like standing no more than 10m from the building. Yeah right. If the building came tumbling down, we would be covered in dust. I bet many would take out their camera phone and started snapping away. Some colleagues went to drive their car away. See, that was important. Heavy liability lor! My boss decided against that. To him, if it did collapsed, he would be waiting for a new car! How optimistic. Then he told me that it reminded him on the Hotel New World incident.

Everyone went for early lunch while I head back into the office for my siesta. If it did collapsed, I could at least said that I died in my sleep. Channelnewsasia was really really slow. I think the whole damn Sillypore was trying to access it. I guess everyone wanted to read this, to confirm their suspicion.

At about 1400, 2nd round of tremor visited us. Again everyone stared at each other. My boss quickly went to his car this time round! One department evacuated immediately. The rest of us just waiting for instructions and staring at each other. Me? RUSHING to backup my stuffs. Only one girl left the office of another office, starting instruction was passed down to stay put. What to do, she feared for her life. She got 3 children and waiting to take her driving license. When she came back, everyone applauded for her return.

Then there was this building announcement going on, trying to assure the tenants that everything was fine. Its just tremor in Sumatra. Sound machiam like passing shower lor. ....People, give way.. tremor passing thro'.....siam..... In the mist of all these, my HOD was distributing our annual increment letter. The first thing he told me was I dun think you can get your car. Sighz. See, I'm waiting for a fat increment to buy my new toy. Sighz.

What an exciting day. The last time my office was this excited was back when Nicole Highway incident. That one no tremor, only loss of power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home