Monday, March 05, 2007

Vista

Vista - noun
  1. a view or prospect, esp. one seen through a long, narrow avenue or passage, as between rows of trees or houses.
  2. such an avenue or passage, esp. when formally planned.
  3. a far-reaching mental view: vistas of the future.
[Courtesy of dictionary.com]

And yes, I'm only 10 minutes into the very very much delayed latest WOW Operating System from Micro$oft and its running me nuts. If you haven't watch this, go on and watch it. For the fun part, the anti-mac ads is here. That is so un-vista of the os. And yeah, like the video plays, that is your WOW OS. Whatever you tries to do, its kept asking for permission. Within seconds, its remind me like I'm working on my linux/unix box. Oh yeah, I'm fine with that, but hey, I do all that in command line. And I will su/sudo the command if needs be but no, the damn vista ask for my acknowledge non-stop. I tried creating a folder in this highly important place that existed since windows 95, the "Program Files" folder. And it already ask for my permission 4 times!!! ALLO! Once is fine, twice is acceptable, but NOT FOUR TIMES. If I'm the damn hacker, you can ask me 10 times and I will still click continue x 10.

And no, I doubt I will be keeping this OS. I'm just testing to see how it look like, since I just upgraded my PC. I havent bring up the new PC yet. Its been more than 2 weeks. I cannot decide what OS I wanna run on it. Linux? FreeBSD? Windows XP x64? Windows XP? Oh, did I mention that its kinda slow? Or maybe I haven't tweak it enough, and I'm running on 4G ram if you are going to tell me that I don't have enough RAM. And yeah, my graphic card comes with DDR3 memory. Vista is just so goddamn hungry for power.

Hmmmm... or is it because I'm running the Ultimate edition? scvhost.exe crash once right after a fresh installation upon booting up. Oh great.

ps - a lot of people was saying that I'm missing at my favourite salsa place. Now, this is one reason why.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home