Thursday, December 14, 2006

Disappointment

Caught the movie Eragon last night. Its a movie that I'm so looking forward to. Before I read the book and after I read the book. I finally managed to finish the book before catching the movie. Oh wait, I did that before already. In fact before I went to catch it, I read the review in the local paper, again. And in my mind, I thought its was kind of crap. Anyway, I dun quite like that reviewer. And I guess I had to agree with him for giving it a 2½ stars movie.

As I read the book, I don't find the book amazing. Its not that it had some extraordinary plot nor outstanding track record. In fact, I felt that the boy (oh yeah, its a boy of 15 when he first wrote the first book) was trying to hard to show off his wide variety of grammars and verbs and nouns and whatever. I read it thinking it might be interesting. I consider the book somewhere between fair and good, though it did hadsome fancy names and mythical characters.

The movie? Its a total fark up. Even if I had not read the book, I still think its fark up. Its trying to do a very cheap version of LOTR and D&D. They almost rewrite everything details at every turn of the story. Wait, what story? The movie was moving so fast, trying to catch the midnight last train. Sephira looked farking ugly in the movie. No farking magnificent breast at all. I thought Draco look so much better and that is 10 years old technology! The only one thing I like from the movie is the baby Sephira that just hatched from the rock egg, that lasted for like... 5 mins? Or less.

Maybe they should just leave it alone. If they had try to shoot it as a 3 hours movie, it might just turn out fine. But no, they just had to do it as short as possible, and hoping to gain as much revenues as the LOTR or HP would. I can't believed that I kept wishing for the movie to end, asap, in the cinema. Hurry up honey, hurry up. Get me over with it. Oh, lucky for me, its free thanks to our dear NSportal. And thanks too for the not-so-tasty free popcorn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home