Monday, November 14, 2005

The power of prejudice

Prejudice can seriously blind one's judgement, even if it means to cast unfair judgement.

I had not known this person but was told of an incident that involve that person and it is not a very good description of that person. And before I get to know this person, my perspective on this person had already been colored. And best of all, I dun even know exactly who this person is. By the time I know this person, or rather know who this person is, I am not having a very good perspective of this person. I know, it is just kind of unfair to this person. But frankly, just based on the look of this person, I'm not exactly in good favour, though I'm not too sure if the prejudice comes with it.

I should have known better, when I have been through this all the time. Who I really look like and who I really am is pretty much very different. I heard a lot of time about that. I know about it and most of the time, I'm not exactly doing anything about it. I think I have a lot of portrait in different circle. Sometimes if I'm to accidentally bring in the different portrait into a different circle, I get questions like anything wrong, you look/sound/behavour differently.

But of course, sometimes it will just take place unconsciencely without realising that I'm portrait a different me to other people. It surprises me sometimes just as well.

Sometimes its a good thing. To protect myself at work, when I dowan people to bug me. It works well, though it really has its bad effect.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home