Thursday, March 15, 2007

What a simple night

Meet up with some friends for some simple dinner, whom some just came back from their holidays in States. Since someone offered to drive down to my place to pick me up, so we decided to go try out this famous nasi lemak along Katong road. Frankly, I feel that its not worth the queuing, plus the fact that its not even that cheap. Must try then you know if its worth it, right? Words of mouth are not good enough to be judge in taste. After all, one man's meat could be another man's poison.



So after dinner, a couple left while me and another couple headed off a couple of shophouses down the road for some Rocher tau huey (梧槽豆花) action. And we hang around for some gossip talk for a while. Just when I was about to call it a night, I heard a huge bang before me. And I turned my head quickly, I was someone flew and landed on the road. Someone with a helmet. A motorist. No fark shit. I was a little stunned at that instant. Then I had to ask my friend if I should called 995 or 999. Hey, I dun have such experience hor, and I dun exactly care for much of it. Called 995 in the next second. Think that is more important the the police at that moment.



Then a lot of people started to gathered around. One fellow quickly approached the floored motorist and helped him into a better position. I won't know if its better, I just assumed. Slowly vehicles started to clustered the road and traffic slowed to a crawl. I started to take note to see how long did it take for the ambulance to arrive at the scene. The other driver was calling for witnesses but seems like no one was offering for the service. That same civilian who helped the motorist went to direct the traffic, to get things going. Good thinking, else I guessed the ambulance was going to have a seriously hard time getting to the injured.



I kept staring at the motorist on the ground. His helmet had been removed. He looked totally stunned, like he appeared dead. No shitting you, till I noticed that the chest was moving up and down then did I let out a breathe of relief for that fellow.



12 minutes later, a couple of people carrying 1st aid kit rushed to the scene to help out. At first I thought the ambulance was there, but I dun see any white van around. And then I realised that they really looked very near, and wearing this white t-shirt with a huge red cross at the back? Is that the new uniform for the nurses and paramedic??!? In the end, I figured they were with the Red Cross at TKGS. But where did they appeared from? Is there some new arrangement that will activate these students living nearby accident scene? I had no idea about that!



Another minute later, the big red van finally arrived. The damn crowd were still crowding around trying to catch some action. Idiots. With some help from the public, they finally got the injured up onto the stretcher and load him up the ambulance. And off they went. Then I was thinking, what was going to happened to that motorbike at the scene. Where were the traffic police?



They finally arrived a couple of minutes later. The TP looked kinda a little lost to me. One look like a reservist fellow and another a NSF. I believed that was going to be a poor combo. The TP finally decided what they were going to do. That civilian was still directing the traffic!!! The one that was not taking over the traffic control spoke to the crowd busybodies if anyone had witnessed the accident. No one responded. So he told me that the show was over, nothing left to see, everyone could be dismissed!



And yesh, I did finally called it a night.



ps - I not busybody horrrr... I not squeeze in to the front to see the action horrr. I remained seated at where I was having my tau huey. No, I dowan to be witness. I din really see much of accident, so I had no idea what truly entirely.





1 Comments:

Blogger Geek @ Kedai.TV said...

Should take some pictures mah using yr cellphone or something.

That's why I hate rubber neckers. Useless. They scared kena taruk in court.


Azrin @ http://www.azrin.net
Another Singaporean walkabout in Europe

16/3/07 18:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home