Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Restoring life back

One knows one is so addicted to the PC when the first thing one switch on when one wakes up is one's PC. One knows one is so addicted to the PC when one watches movies from the PC even if the TV is much much bigger. One knows one is so addicted to the PC when one choose not to turn on the TV to concentrate on the PC.

The first thing I turn on is my PC when I got home, after I touched down on Sillypore soil from my roof of the world adventure, or maybe its the 2nd thing. First thing is the lights, of course. You dun expect me to move around in the dark, do you? And boy am I going to be so upset. My PC has decided to throw its tantrum at me. After using her for so many years, it choose to play punk with me on the day I was so tired. And unpacking most of the major items, I just got to get back fixing her. She's such a sore eyes when she is not well and up and running. I know she works very hard. 365 X 24 X 7. So when I go on a break, I also give her break, but its like she wanna take on permanent leave. So I decided to retire her for good and get myself a new her. Now, must know who is master wahhhhhhhh. Then the goddamn new her also wanna give me problems. KNS! This is is really lang suay qi jiao bian guay.

Think now my TV has to work extra hard. It has been on for the past few days. Maybe its about time it wakes up from its sleep and start serving. That is when I learnt that Channel U and Channel 8 look disgustingly crossover. I miss the good ol' days when they are separate entities. Look like good things never seems to last long. As I always says, Sillypore golden age are over.

Had dinner with some colleagues last night to post celebrate a colleague birthday. Its actually belated. They all waiting for me to come back wah. What to do. Its been an annual affair all these years, so how can skip this year? But this year is abit the different. We actually head off down to Sillypore infamous redlight district for an all time favourite. The stimulating aroma. The smooth texture. The melt-in-your-mouth aftertaste. Its the king, king of the fruit.

In fact its all spontaneous on how we actaully ended up going for the king after dinner. We were having land-of-the-rising-sun fare at where-the-ah-gua-used-to-perform-long-time-ago. Its some new restuarant replacing another restaurant, so thinking we can try it out. The food is so so. They actaully have this land-of-the-rising-sun version of claypot rice, except they use metal pot instead. Was telling them about my last day of my roof of the world adventure where I visited the 武侯祠, the museum that pay tributes to the one of the greatest strategist of that era, and also the very famous 桃園结义 act. There's even a temple in it, and a tea restaurant where you can sit down to drink tea and watch classic performance like Opera or acts of swallowing fire. I din see anything, I saw the signboard.

Then next to this museum is the Jin Li Jie (錦里街), a street with a lot of food fare, or rather finger food might be better term. Its easier to do the buy-eat-walk-buy-eat-walk(边 走边 吃) then to try to find a place to sit down and eat. Skipping the noodles is a good choice. Then I tumbled onto the fermented beancurd (臭 豆腐). No smell one. Well, I never try the real thing before wah. I was expecting a lot of smell but .... Oh well. Bought one stick of it and try, and its salty like hell. As if I'm eating salt directly. Those people not scare high blood pressure or heart attack ah? Put so much salt.

From that smell brought me to the subject of the smell-less the king I found in Chengdu supermarket. I sniff very hard and still no smell. No smell king is no good king, experiences tells me that. Now I know why the first guide I had in my roof of the world adventure dun like the king he eaten back in his own place. He loves the king. I promise him I will bring some over to him if I'm going back to look for him again. I have already figure out a way to bring it over. Then one of the colleagues mention that she loves the king, so dun talk about it else she will craves for it.

Nothing to crave about. So we are not that far away from the infamous redlight district, we can just head on down. Its also consider to be on the way for us to go home, with 2 of us staying so near to it. That of course is on the way. Furthermore I'm a believer of 擇日不如撞日(now rather than another chosen time). So we just hopped onto the cab and head down for the king.

One word to describe. B-l-o-a-t-e-d.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home