Friday, March 31, 2006

Changes of time

Some time back, while having dinner with an old old old friend and the girlfriend for dinner, we had an discussion about women and time (past, present, future). How times are so much more different. How about divorce rate was so much higher now. How that ring that was worn on the fourth finger and that piece of paper did not exactly mean as much as in the past.

We threw in all the points. Had some little debate and the conversation side-tracked into something that was so totally irrevelant to our initial conversation. To me, I guess its the education, the society, the time, the change of phrase. Everything. Almost everything caused all these to happened. Poeple are a lot less tolerance of anything and everything. Anything disagree, divorce. Everything not happy, divorce. In the past, divorce seriously did not come to their mind at all, both women and men. The term till death do we part carries so much more weight.

Then just yesterday, I met another friend whom I had not seen for quite a while at my regular salsa club. Yeah, its even more surprising that I'm even there yesterday. OId fat fart now, everything also lazy to do. So the first thing I asked her was so your hubby staying at home looking at the kids? She gave me a cute expression with a cuter reply You wait lor! Of course not. That is what maid is for!

Then a little though flashed across my mind. Maid to look after kids. Is this another changing of time with women as well? Back in my time, where police stop wearing shorts already, the idea of having a maid were for the rich. Most mothers were housewives, or tried to work out some form of solution. In my case, my family never had a maid. To as much as I could recall, my mother worked and she looked after me though I'm home alone in the afternoon. My sister was taken care by her godparents, then move on to childcare centre that was near my mother's work place. Then when I'm old enough, I took care of her, when I'm not trying to slaughter her. Not to forget that she still came home to work dinner. Or she would prepared my lunch early in the morning before she left for work. I hardly had to eat out.

Then my mother friend agreed with me and added on that women nowadays are not that willing to really suffer and had a maid to help out in the taking care of the children. I guess this was due to the fact that there isn't that many young couple household can afford to have the mother staying at home taking care of the children. This, of course, had another theory which I just heard today. Nop, I'm not going to type that out in this entry. Gotta think if the Big Brother is so going to come after me for pointing fingers at the gahmen and damaging the image of the gahmen. That I can't afford.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home