Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Behaviour

Its always facinating to see different people reacting to different scenario that took place during different situation. I was at the Samsung service centre located at one of the mall in downtown. I'm there to make a redemption for a free gift. Why free? Cause bought a LCD TV for my mom. And no, its not mother's day present. That was a sewing machine. She requested for it, not my choice of gift though. But I'm a firm believer of buying gifts for people what they want, if my wallet does not object to violently to it. Anyway, that LCD TV already burn one hell of a big hole in my wallet. It did more than just violent objection. Its going on hunger strike now. Sighz. Its back to eating grass for the next few months.

Oh, back to the redemption. While I was there, something interesting took place. First there was a middle aged man was arguing with one of the service counter staff over the poor quality of service that Samsung was providing. He was there got over an hour and it still not his turn yet. Then the argument got louder and louder till the best english word start popping out. Now its not very uncommon, I'm sure in an arguing scene, especially when one loses his cool and manners. But things might start to turn very ugly when one starts bring out the father and mother. As a rule of thumb, you are scolding someone, always avoid involved anything maternal. Let's just be more civilized. Attacked the right thing. Insult is very different from scolding and arguing. Mixing them up just makes you look ugly and like a fool.

The staff that got the verbal abuse dun just stand there to be abuse. He did retaliate it back, in an angry yet polite way. He just told the guy off saying you have father mother, I have father mother, do not scold my father mother. That was nice of him to remind the abuser. The staff even offered to give his details to the guy who sworn he was so going to complain. How nice of the staff.

Right after that scene, the next scene is some cheena lady arguing that she ain't no interested in the free gift that she was entitled to. Hey, its the same free gift as mine! A home theatre system.
Well, its Samsung. Not those audiophile brands but still, better than nothing. Like the wise old man says no fish prawn also good. I say so too myself. The cheena lady insisted that she wanted something else. She wanted to change her free home theatre system to a camera. Her husband wanted a camera. Of course the same staff who got the abuse earlier on politely declined her request since its not in the company policy to do that. However, he could offer to give her a voucher valued at two hundred bucks if she dun intend to accept the home theatre system.

Guess what, she made even more noise. She complained louder than that they were cheating her ofher entitlement. How could they gave her a two hundreds bucks voucher for a home theatre system retailed at four hundreds and ninety-nine. She was insisting on a four hundreds and ninety-nine voucher. She started the complain before even if its my turn, and my turn is up and I left the place, she was still there yakking away. Oh, did I mention that I took five minutes to leave the place, strolling through some of the display products.

That poor staff. It must have been his bad bad day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home