Wednesday, March 09, 2005

H is for Helluva-dinner

Looking at what is going on in some of the bloggers' life can really bring back memories. Machiam like a walk down the memory lane.

Ah lim's from dusk to dawn reminds me of a simple dinner I had arrange with a secondary scnool friend whom I met inside IRC when I was still irc-ing then, back in the mid 90s. The time where it was so kool that you got a private non-school email address. Its even kooler if you got internet at home. And way koolest when you IRC and ICQ. Steady boh!

But of coz, you will get a big HAR? just as often when you tell them you are chatting with this girl from IRC/ICQ. Hey, ICQ was the big thing then. It kick arse till the other arses like m$/yaaahoooo/A-nO-L decided to join in the bandwagon and kick its arse instead. Just like how IE got about kicking Netscape slow arse.

Back to that simple dinner. After leaving school for a couple of years, and losing touch with quite a few school mates, its a little surprised to find a school mate online, and some more referred by another friend who went over to down under to study. So I always believe that 选日不如撞日(that is rather than choosing the date, might as well make it now), so arrange to have dinner with the school mate B the very night. So when I met up with B, she asked 2 friends along whom I also happened to know in IRC as well. What a small world.

With only a simple dinner in mind, it lead to waiting for her to get off work at one of the ice-cream selling stall in a centre in the east then. So while waiting, me and the other 2 friends went to play pool. After that, someone suggest going to KTV. So we went there and sing. And the night look young then, so was I, we carried on the activities to a pub at a collective group of pubs where one of the friends has a bottle there and the pub owner is also someone from the IRC. Even damn small world.

B was complaining about being hungry, and so we headed often to another nearby collective of pubs by a stream of not-so-clean-water. How nice of one of them to open a bottle of wine and share it with the rest of us. Hey, I'm a poor chap then,working part time and watching for NS hor and still is now. So slowly enjoying our supper and wine, talking the nite away till 3am in the night morning.

So thought we are done, B was suggesting that since its already morning, why not go for breakfast!!! WAT THE FARK? She not working tomorrow ah? What to do? The rest of the guys on liao, so I just follow suit. So someone mention that OB hotel congee was great. So off we went to the place for our breakfast. FARK! I also never wake up so early to eat breakfast man! My mama will probably call me siao if she knows I had breakfast at that hour.

After breakfast, we really decided to end our meeting. Finally. And by the time I got home, its only one more hour to waking up for work!

FARK!

I was stoned throughout the day at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home