Tuesday, March 15, 2005

J is for Jerk around

It seems like such scams are becoming widespread and they are always coming out with different marketing strategy or name to sell their products. As I alwayz tell my marketing people, it is the art of conning convinencing people to believe in what you are selling.

Seems like Mr Miyagi's Auntie Lilly just booked herself an appointment with the marketing people from hell. And of course ah lim also got scammed too. Almost but kermit is just too smart for those people.


Well, I just got this in my mailbox, and so sharing with you people reading this. But I leave it to your sanity to determine the accuracy and truth behind it. Just like haox, I have long given up replying to friends who are sending me haox and just adding on to the spam like the email-curse-chain.


Extracted from: ecwt_bmv@pacific.net.sg,
http://www.voy.com/161450/695.html

Dear: Friends

Before I start my message about this cheats, I must truely apologise to customers who have and may not have bought Holiday Membership through this company. To those who have, please accept my apologises. To those who did not, thank god you are not a victim. I hope you will never be.

Let me introduce myself at this moment, I am Edmund Choy and I used to work for *LGM Singapore Branch, located at Takashimaya Shopping Centre, Tower B, #16-01 as a Sales Consultant, my manager is Mr Bill Hedmen an American guy from Florida USA, but he prefers to us to tell our clients that he is one of the Founder of this company.

The reason I am e-mailing this is to tell all Singaporeans, tourist or others who maybe getting phone calls or if you would to be walking down Orchard Road, that that phone call or scrach card telling you that you have received a 8 days / 7 nights stay in 6 location world wide and also a S$50 seafood voucher is a scam. You have to sit down for a 75 mins minimum presentation in front of a Sales Consultant and his/her manager before you qualify for that "gift" you have been promised. This 75 mins presentation can last for hours, it's hard sales pitch and bad and sickening attitude from the manager before they would let you off. Just to let you know that the holiday gift does not exist unless you become a member of the club called CVC. This means Concepts Vacation Club. The minimum amount of money you MUST pay is S$288 to qualify for a 1 year trial membership. When you are signed out, the receptionist will tell you to fax the reply copy of your gift 1 month before you travel. In fact there is no free lunch in this world, you won't get it, if you have bought a trial membership you can even get your gift a week before you travel. This is a cheat isn't it?

If you can tolarate that kind of hard sales pitch from the manager, he can insult or scold the Sales Consultant infront of you. You like seeing this? The pitch will make you decide TODAY ONLY to join it's membership for a fee. The most amazing thing about this membership is that there is no fixed price. Manager A may come to your table and put down a S$40,000 joining fee but he will say to you, if you join us today the price is S$27,000, Manager B can come to another table and say that the joining fee is just S$27,000 with perks thrown in. They would ask you blatantly if you can afford it, most people can't of course. Then there is a 50 years program, a 25 years program, a 10 years program and even a 5 years program. Believe me different manangers price these programmes differently. Like I said that, there is no fixed price and also the extra perks thrown in, it's different. Then there is a Cash Reward Program that promises you to pay you back your membership fee in 5/7/10 years time after your last instalment is paid up. This again is rubbish, who in this world would give you money back to join them and get your money back? Thereafter your membership is free of charge for a lifetime. Then remember the 50 years, 25 years program to qualify for Cash Back. No Cash Back if you join for the 10 years or 5 years program, then this again depending on who the hell the manager is, he may even do Cash Back for you. There is no fixed rules in this company.

Please, my sincere advice is do not even get close to this office at Takashimaya. They will freeze you until you can't think straight, some people even sign on the doted line in a state of confusion. And that is a done deal already. No attoney can help you recover the money after this even you know you are cheated later on.

I am feeling guilty for working in this company for more than a month. The reason being I am being trained to cheat. I have stopped working there now, waiting for a better job opportunity. I went to a Police Station to report this case but this is being referred to CASE which stands for Consumer Association of Singapore. I alone can't be Jesus Christ, walk on water, feed the flock and save people from suffering. I need help too. I want all these companies to close down and go into trouble but I need support, to those who have been cheated please produce your documents to be examinated by the investigators from CASE, if you still do not feel convinced go to a Police Station and see what the Police can do for you. All they need is evidence from the victims and not an ex-employee. Only then CASE or the Police can take action. There is nothing to fear, the antidote to fear is action! Let's get rid of them.

For your Information:

*LGM - Leisure Group Marketing

*HMI - Holiday Marketing International

*Please take note that this is a timeshare company who tells you
they are not. In fact they really are.

Persons whom you may want to look for:

Chairman - Mr Dwayne Hills

Managing Director (Singapore) - Mr Gary Simon

Regional Director/Founder (Singapore) Mr Bill Hedmen

Managers: Mr Mohan

Mr David Tepley

Mr Hari

Miss Katini

Miss Ivita

Mr Ramlan


I wish you the very best for 2005 and please publish this letter as
soon as possible. Thank-you

Edmund Choy

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can summarise or not. Damn long leh. Lazy to read.

15/3/05 14:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha in my personal opinion with no regards to any charges that is coming my way and that im going to forge ignorance if there is.. con artist @ work using the intimidating and human apathy tactics

15/3/05 14:48  
Blogger nonex said...

one sentence to end.. there is no free lunch in this world

18/3/05 18:36  
Blogger EGI said...

Anyone can help me? Is that office still located in Takashimaya, Tower B? My family from Indonesia had invested for 10years there since 2006.

30/6/15 20:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home