Thursday, April 06, 2006

People compare people

Saying have a saying, that 人比人,气死人(people compare people, only further aggravate). There is always two side to a story, whoever is right depends on how one would want to follow the story. A colleague ex-colleague would always complain about how poor or 咸菜命 (salted vegetable life) she is. I would say how bad can she be? Just because she could not be shake legs at home and be a relaxing taitai or her peers are earning more than her? She can afford for holiday trips more than once a year. Having 2 cars at home. Holding branded handbag that can be a school kid daily allowances for months. I would seriously never to call them poor or 咸菜命 (salted vegetable life).

You see, when you compare, it all depend on who you want to compare with. If you choose to compare with someone at a higher level amount you, in terms of social standing or any other form of standing, then you will always be feeling lousy, and made oneself look stupid. However, if you would just for one moment and decided to compare with someone below you in the standing, then you would see youself more fortunate.

I know. Comparing upwards will cause someone to strive higher. I do not disagree with that. In that case, I think the world should take on Bill Gates and everyone be feeling lousy and poor, with only one person in the whole wide world to feel just doing well.

Even with myself, sometimes when I'm about to splurge on something, if my normal senses kick in before my physical action, I would think about if I really should splurge on it. I can make do with the moolah at more meaningful things. If you take life at an easier pace, life would be easy. No one ever says life is easy. Not even Big Bro up there. It just depends on what are you aftering and how do you want to see the way of your life. Having enough to feed yourself is good comparing to tens of thousands with no food in other part of the world. A roof over your head when you rest is good when compared once again to the ten of thousands homeless.

Don't start pitying yourself either. Just be happy. Another old wise saying 生不带来,死不带去(you don't bring them when you are born, you can bring them along when you die). Isn't that true? So why not just take a look, relax abit and enjoy. Slacking is not what I'm driving at either. But of course, it is always easier said than done. I too compare. But I'm try just as well to be happy and not to think too much of those luxuries. The rich have their own problems, so does the poor. So rather than be classified by rich or poor, why not aim for to be happy or not to be happy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home