Saturday, May 06, 2006

Buy my vote

Politics had has never been my favourite subject, it still isn't. In fact, I hardly even keep track of the local politics. Whose in. Whose out. Which estate become which GRC. But for some unknown reasons, maybe its about time, being a sillyporean, I should just keep track of Sillypore's political world. Maybe, just maybe there is a blue sky (青天) outside of the royal family rule.

Seems like not. Early morning, my mom gave me a call. Ok, AM are meant for sleeping, unless its a work day. I was still quite dazed, and then my mother asked me if I have gone to vote. I was like.. huh.. vote wat? I where got chance to vote? Wait till got people want to challenge Lau Goh lor. My chance to vote is as good as me voting to have Bush's arse kicked. Unless and of course I choose to moved to those rundown estate that are held by the opposition. My mom did. Now even my sister get to vote. DAMN. Oh, my mom called not over the concern on who I'm voting for, but on any number on the vote for her to buy 4D. Sighz. See, our dear gahmen probably almost pretty damn sure that
they can track down every single person who voted against them. I'm
pretty sure of it. Those damn aristocrat. Dun lie, Ah Lee. Your nose will grow very long.

Remember the progress package offered by the gahmen that was supposed to come in on 1st of May. However they arrived earlier, before the long weekend last week. Wow how nice of the gahmen to give us extra allowance now to spend to be collected back right after winning the GE. I bet my arse on it. During a collegue's wedding last week, one of my colleague on the same table casually mention, how about writing thank you for the moolah on the vote?

And of course, today is the big day. The polling day. Who win, who lose, who draw, you will know the result starting tomorrow. Have you place your bets? Wait, will there be a draw? Well, seems like the promoted crown-price-turn-emperor needs some mandate win to look good. By all means, I would say. Like out of the blue, some boundaries were re-drawn. A colleague who had been voting for the past few times suddenly just been removed the chance to do that. Suddenly they found themselves under the Lau Goh with me. Ok, Mine was exactly sudden. I had been under since I first moved in.

And you know, having a logo that resemble some of the world wide famous characters doesn't seems like a bad idea. Maybe they were destined for something big some 40 years ago when they choose the logo. Maybe Pikachu can be their mascot for carrying their logo on its arse. Or how about
Mr Potter's multi-billion worth scar?

I was seriously thinking that people who yearned to vote but yet denied the chance, are they going to vote for the anti-empire party? If not, why bother? Your dear dynastic royal family ain't anywhere near losing their empire, at least I don't see that happening in this or next GE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home